Thread: Purchasing Electronics online

xtrareliable

Default Purchasing Electronics online

I just purchased a new boat. After agonizing over what electronics to get I think I'm ready to buy. Any thoughts / recommendations regarding the online retailers like the gps store and/or marine electronics unlimited ? Prices seem pretty good. Or...is it standard practice to just have the dealer order them and install.

Thanks

Default I have had outstanding luck with

http://starmarinedepot.com/

I have ordered all my electronics thru them with nothing but good things to say. I even did some international business with them when I was in the military and stationed in Kuwait. They sent us some GPS stuff we required and we had it in less then 5 days total.

If you have the knowledge and capability do the install yourself. It will help you get to know your hull well and save a bunch of money. Also if you need a hand and are close to Anchorage let me know. I also have a pretty good list of what to do's and what not to do's, if nothing else.

I can second Starmarinedepot.com Great prices and fast shipping.

Default I just ordered

a Garmin 530S from Anchorexpress.com. This unit sells for $799.99 pretty much everywhere. They have it for $667.00. I just ordered it yesterday (15 Sep). I checked the BBB and they have no complaints registered against them. If this goes well I will probably order more from them. I will also check out starmarinedepot.

Thumbs up Talk to Luke

He monitors this board and he can get you the best deals. I bought a whole lot of stuff from him and he can set you up if he is in the right mood. He does not do this for a business but he can help you with deals.

Default 4 good stores

Consumer's Marine
    Defender Marine
    Cabela's
    West Marine

price shop them all for best deal

www.tigergps.com

Myself and a few others at my work have bought gps/fishfinders from them with no problems, was the best online price I found at the time when I bought mine. I really like cabelas but you can easily beat the prices on their electronics elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnhuntr View Post
    www.tigergps.com

Myself and a few others at my work have bought gps/fishfinders from them with no problems, was the best online price I found at the time when I bought mine. I really like cabelas but you can easily beat the prices on their electronics elsewhere.
    Ditto for tigergps. I scoured all over the Internet and they had the best price I could find for my new GPS, transducer and chip. Shipped the same day and for only $25 it all came from NY to Anch overnight and I had it the next day. Also very helpfull staff when talking to them on the phone - they went out of their way for me and I was a first time customer.

Default boatersland

I bought my Raymarine package from these guys (boatersland) and they were fine and actually dealed a bit on shipping. I also had good luck with marine electronics unlimited. Do check prices and shipping there are a few deals to be had.

Chuck

Thumbs up Consumers Marine

Consumer's Marine Electronics The ower Phil Perricone is a long time friend of mine back from my lobstering days. Good outfit to do business with.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

www.getfeetwet.com

Great prices, fast shipping, and the upgrade program is pretty cool. If you buy something from them and want to upgrade, they'll take your old unit in trade.

Default Daves marine electronics

http://www.davesmarineelectronics.co...TION=CONTACTUS

I have had good and fast service from this guy. Purchased a PLB and a Quick Catch potpuller from him.

Default By Owner Electronics

I bought all my electronics from Jim at By Owner Electronics. http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store/home.php They had decent prices and a person to call. They also understood the NMEA2000 backbone and had everything I needed. I could also call Jim and he would walk me through any trouble I had. I have no interst in this company but they were honest and shipeed what the said they would and when. No BS. YMMV