Thread: Already looking for spring....

Unhappy Already looking for spring....

Man, It's like I fell asleep and missed out on a party. Where did this summer go? I'm staring out of my office window at the miserable gray covering hillside. I know when it lifts, there's gonna be white stuff. The weather in PWS is untouchable, so this is it for me. I'm puttin her away this week. Time to dream about pulling in pots of orange critters and fishes on the line.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

My feeling exactly, funny how every April or so one lays out plans to do this and that and slowly time and responsibilities knibble away at it all. Did manage a few really good river runs this summer but not nearly as many as we had thought we would.

Unhappy

I can't get the time or money to haul down to Florida (Ha, never have...), so I will winterize the boat as usual again!

Talking Cloud Failure

Wow! Different day. Sun is out. Just a touch of dust on top. I'm still puttin her away though.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I'll be the eternal optomist for another few weeks. Would still like to get a deer or two and am hoping for a weather window to make that so.

I know what you mean Doug. We were just in Anchorage a few days ago for our last trip of the summer. Not a boating trip just shopping and spending that Dividend! Man what a crazy couple days!
    But now it's time for us to hole up for winter as well. The fifth wheel has been winterized and put away, and all that's left is dreams of what will come...in 7 months or so!

Default Great summer

I don't know about anyone else, but I am going to have a difficult time topping this sumer's catch! Buckets of steamers/butter clams, 5 halibut, 30 dipped reds, few reds on pole, 20 silvers, couple buckets of shrimp, saw whales and porpose, it will be hard to top next summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am going to have a difficult time topping this sumer's catch! Buckets of steamers/butter clams, 5 halibut, 30 dipped reds, few reds on pole, 20 silvers, couple buckets of shrimp, saw whales and porpose, it will be hard to top next summer!
    You forgot to add drinks served over 10,000+ year old glacial ice. Other than that, your list looks great!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I’m not ready to put her away yet, the boat that is. This weekend is shaping up just fine so planning on one more trip. The wife wants to do some berry picking so thinking of dropping her off on Perry while the kid and I wet some hooks on the rocks.
    Sure as hell if I batten down the hatches a beautiful weekend will show its face, happens every year.

Jay
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Default Done!

Stuck my boat in the shop for the year. It is aways a little tricky to make it fit, I need a bobcat to munipulate the trailer to get it in. The other side without the DOG in the way is just as tight. Oh well I have all winter to look forward to having my wife shake to trailer tongue and spray me with salt water to remind me of the summer. I had a good year putting on about 200hrs and logging at around 30 nights on the boat. Next year Lituya bay is on the list of places to get to.
    It seems the forums are aways a little more active in the winter and I look forward to that.

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I am happy for you all. I got my boat last Thursday and am just getting a taste of what its going to be like. I am going out this weekend, winterize it, and, anguish all winter long.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Wow...I thought getting my boat into my garage was tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Chukar View Post
    Stuck my boat in the shop for the year. It is aways a little tricky to make it fit, I need a bobcat to munipulate the trailer to get it in. The other side without the DOG in the way is just as tight. Oh well I have all winter to look forward to having my wife shake to trailer tongue and spray me with salt water to remind me of the summer. I had a good year putting on about 200hrs and logging at around 30 nights on the boat. Next year Lituya bay is on the list of places to get to.
    It seems the forums are aways a little more active in the winter and I look forward to that.

Chuck

Not me I will be running my boat until Dec. Still to much to do on the water.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Not Quite Yet

Oct 4 & 5...
    Homer Elks Club Derby. $100 entry. Pretty fun, prizes, etc. Proceeds go to their "wounded warrior" program. Call the Elks for details. 235-2127

Quote Originally Posted by Homertime View Post
    Oct 4 & 5...
    Homer Elks Club Derby. $100 entry. Pretty fun, prizes, etc. Proceeds go to their "wounded warrior" program. Call the Elks for details. 235-2127
    Darn and I have Drill weekend
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK