Thread: Slinky Supplies?

Default Slinky Supplies?

Anyone out there know of an online source for slinky weight supplies (shot and parachute cord)?

I've bought cord from wallyworld, just pull the filler cords out and its ready to load with shot. I'd bet you can find shot, think i used #4 buckshot, at any good gun shop or sportsmans warehouse. I have a rope cutting tip on my soldering gun that does a great job at sealing the ends of the cord or just melt the ends over a candle and seal with a pair of needlenose pliers. Nice website you have & if you need any more info on the slinkies just pm me.
    P9160600.JPG

P9160601.JPG

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks Potbuilder

They have the supplies at Sportsmans, saw them in Wasilla and Fairbanks last week.

I think I saw parachute cord in Kenai Kache when I was in there a couple of weeks ago.

Dug out my slinky building stuff. Buy the cord in the camping dept its cheaper than the small packages in the fishing dept. Shot size is #4 buckshot & i cut a piece of brass tubing(hobby shop) off at a angle to use to load the shot into the cord. The soldering gun with the rope cutting/melting tip was in the pot barn so i couldn't get a pic of it. Bet a hacksaw blade held in a pair of vise-grips and heated on a propane torch would work good for melting the ends shut??? Couple nights work and you'll have a seasons worth made up.
    P9170628.JPG

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default cord

yes Sportsman's has it and i always use 1/4 inch ball barrings with it works great. i think it was 22 for an ounce. hope this helps.

3/8" cord for #4 buckshot? I've always made it with pencil lead rather than shot, but I think the shot will snag less and I'm finally out of pencil lead... Thanks

Default On line slinky supplies