Thread: DIY Kodiak deer hunt. Cant wait.

Default DIY Kodiak deer hunt. Cant wait.

Well, I am heading out to Kodiak on Sept. 26th. thru Oct.4th For a DIY deer bowhunt. First time I have been back to Ak. since I took a Grizz in 2001. Can anyone inform me of the average temps, highs and lows for the dates I have listed on the extreme south western tip of Kodiak??

Thanks alot for the help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Temps that far ahead.... Heck we can't get forecast for the weekend let alone two weeks away!
    Honestly it could be sunny and warm, upper fifties with clear frosty mornings or it could be rain and blowing fifty with highs in upper forties and lows in the low forties.
    These are just guestimates on my part. I could be wrong though so all you experts don't hang me :-)

Should be sunny and right around 40-45 degrees from the 28th of September through the 5th of October.

I've never been there, but will be there from those days, so that's what I'm shooting for in my weather dancing.

Thanks guys,,,,,, Sunny and the mid 40s sounds great. But I know it will be what it is. Just trying to make sure I have the right clothes, as I will be living off my back for the week.

Default Weather research

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingTheWind View Post
    Well, I am heading out to Kodiak on Sept. 26th. thru Oct.4th For a DIY deer bowhunt. First time I have been back to Ak. since I took a Grizz in 2001. Can anyone inform me of the average temps, highs and lows for the dates I have listed on the extreme south western tip of Kodiak??

Thanks alot for the help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PlayingTheWind,
    I did a lot of research for my fall Kodiak bear hunt as well. There is another thread on this site about weather research for your trips (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=weather) that lists several good sites. I liked them because it gave me an idea of the average, best, and worst for the area I'm going to be in. I also like to look at the Alaska Weathercams (http://akweathercams.faa.gov/index.php) the week before I leave to get a feel for what's been going on before I get there (for those of you that believe that weather patterns effect animal actions... there's another thread for that discussion as well). If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Fuse

Default Thanks

Thanks alot Fuse,,,,,,,,Alot of good info

Chances are its gonna rain and be low 40s the entire time... Oh and probably be really windy

Good luck
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I went to Kodiak the first week in August. We were plagued with thick fog and were only able to hunt 2 out of 7 days. We each killed two P&Y Sitka's. Good luck on your hunt. Don't worry about the weather, it'll change!! Ed F

Default Nice Bucks

Congrats, nice deer.

Default a little precip.

Plan on some drizzle, changing to rain, then having a typhoon roll through dumping about 6" of rain in 24 hours with winds up to 80mph, then back to rain. At least that's the weather we had in the same area of Kodiak 2 years ago from the last day of Sept. to the 13th of Oct.