Thread: Christensen arms?

Question Christensen arms?

I've been thinking about picking up a Christensen Arms rifle in 300RUM or possibly a Win mag. Do any of you have any actual experience with these rifles? I've read great things abou them but have never talked to anyone that owned one. Or would I be better off just modifing the model 700 300RUM I already have?
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Quote Originally Posted by keelermk View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up a Christensen Arms rifle in 300RUM or possibly a Win mag. Do any of you have any actual experience with these rifles? I've read great things abou them but have never talked to anyone that owned one. Or would I be better off just modifing the model 700 300RUM I already have?
    If I had your model 700, it would be a .338 Edge.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Big Al thats a bit more custum work than i'm looking to do at this time. All of my reloading stuff is back home and i don't really want to mess with shipping it here since i'm leaving next july.

Come on someone has to have some first hand experience with these rifles. I just want to hear some really experiences before i drop that much cash.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

I have a CA in 338 Win sure is a tack driver

It's my go to rifle for moose season
    Alaska

I had a Rem 700 22-250 I sent to them for a barrel, was a tack driver when I got it back - here's the thing ... their product is supposed to alleviate barrel heat and allow prolonged shooting without the ill effects - this is pretty much "for what it's worth" as a story but I lent this rifle to a friend and whatever he did, shoot low grade bullets/ammo or shoot hyper-extended sessions at varmints or ??? but when I got it back the barrel was shot out - NOTHING I tried even came close to getting any kind us usable accuracy back (and the crown was OK) I don't thing their barrels do all of what they claim but they sure do shoot when they're new ......

5 year old thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My personal feelings on this rifle are poor, I own one. I bought it off a guy that paid over $3500.00, I paid him $1,000.00, The rifle wouldn't shoot inside of 6 inches at 100 yards.

I noticed some jacket material in the brake holes, I decided to take a chance. After the deal was done I took the brake off and it shot just fine. I tried to get Christensen Arms to repair the barrel / brake alignment but they claimed it was a year old and out of warranty. Their warranty is only 30 days from date of purchase when accompanied by a receipt, what a joke, after all it was their poor manufacturing that caused the problem.

I called Vias muzzle brakes and discussed the issues I was having. They repaired the barrel by cutting the threads down then realigning the new threads with the bore center line then made a new brake with the reduced thread size, they did a great job.

The stock that came with the rifle was total junk, a plastic SPS stock that had been ground out to fit the fatter barrel. I had a light weight Edge Technology Hunter McMillan stock made for it mounted a VX-III 4.5-14X50mm with side focus and a Boone & Crockett reticle.

In the end it's an OK rifle but the original purchase price is way to high. After all, this is just a generic Remington 700 with a carbon wrapped barrel. It even had a stock Remington 700 trigger installed. In it's current configuration it shoots fine but a really nice custom can be had for less money.

By the way, My brother lives in Kalsilof. He was thinking about treating himself to a newer rifle and something lighter than his current set up. He and a good friend that is a very good long range shooter went to test a Christen Arms 338RUM for sale north of Anchorage. They took three brands of 338 RUM ammo at $80.00 per box plus some hand loads the owner had worked up. The rifle wouldn't group for any of the three shooters, he walked away...