Thread: Cowee Creek in Juneau Opens for Eggs Tomorrow-Questions

Default Cowee Creek in Juneau Opens for Eggs Tomorrow-Questions

I have yet to fish Cowee Creek but everyone is going on about how awesome the fishing is once they open up the use of eggs tomorrow. Is fishing eggs up there as good as they say? I will be fishing a good bit up stream, do tides come into play at all of when they start biting? Will all the rain we've had effect the fishing at all? When I am drifting the eggs, am I looking to hug the bottom or stay near the surface with the eggs? Thanks for any advice. It would be nice to catch at least ONE silver this year.

It can be good. Use enough weight to get down to the bottom and drift. I do as well, if not better with jigs and flies, so I don't mess with eggs anymore. I have had fantastic days with eggs in Cowee though. Fish the deep holes and make sure you get down to the bottom.
    Nice Marmot.

Buddy said he landed 8 chromers on an orange kroc this weekend.

I'm up to my eyeballs in hoho's. Caught something like 20 last week.

Not going to fish again for at least another day . . . . .

Default Hoho's

What about twinkie's? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I think I mispelled things. It's Kowee not Cowee, correct. I went out to KOWEE yesterday. Two guys had three fish between the two of them when I got there but that was all I saw pulled up. We were fishing near just downstream from the bridge. Any other spots I should check out along the creek? It was muddy as hell and moving pretty fast from the recent rain. Normally it's pretty clear water correct?

Try down by the old cabin. Good spot, but you've gotta be the first one there! Don't overlook Montana Creek either. As for the water...just gotta wait it out and fish inbetween storms. The creeks here rise and fall real fast.

Oh yeah, and I think the C(K)owee creek out the road is supposed to be with a "C" and the little one on Douglas with a "K" Pretty sure DOT messed up when they replaced the old shot-up road sign (w/ a "C") ...which is now shot-up again lol...
    Nice Marmot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skookumchuck View Post
    Try down by the old cabin.
    Are you talking about the old busted down cabin at the end of the trail downstream where it Ts? I hiked there yesterday but didn't stay because I left my rifle in the car. Seemed like a good spot to get eaten by a bear if you don't have protection.

Quote Originally Posted by chauvotsm View Post
    Are you talking about the old busted down cabin at the end of the trail downstream where it Ts? I hiked there yesterday but didn't stay because I left my rifle in the car. Seemed like a good spot to get eaten by a bear if you don't have protection.
    yup, that's the one...lotsa bears, just don't let them ruin your day
    Nice Marmot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skookumchuck View Post
    yup, that's the one...lotsa bears, just don't let them ruin your day
    How far is it from there to the mouth of the creek?

I'd say at least 1.5 miles. The trail pretty much disappears at the meadow, so ya just gotta follow the creek. Some good holes down by the mouth, but a long walk.
    Nice Marmot.