Thread: Rob Leahy holster received

Default Rob Leahy holster received

Received my Rob Leahy bandoleer holster in the mail yesterday and it was exactly what I wanted. Rob does really terrific work and left lots of adjustment length on the shoulder strap. The holster itself can be detached from the straps and used as a belt holster, but considering the weight of the 480 SRH, I doubt that I will use it that way. The opening on top of the holster to accomodate the red dot sight or another scope will still allow for open sight only use as the holster is made of a very tough hard leather and the safety strap holds things in place. I'm glad I picked Rob and Simply Rugged Holsters for the job.

Default image of holster

Decided some images might be appropriate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Now that is one honking huge ace handgun and holster! Looks like a nice set up and should be rather comfortable yes?

You gonna have him make one up for the 375 JDJ?

And what is the dye color on the holster? Looks like Ox Blood in the pictures. Nice!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Alangaq:
    Man, I thought you said you were "Right" about everything.

That holster leaves the scope Unprotected, and therefore isn't worth poo, poo.

Is today the wrong day of the week, for you to be "right"?

Oh, nevermind. I forgot, I was giving you one "Not right" a week.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Poo, Poo?

Smitty, you must be a father with little ones to use poo, poo when what you really mean is S**t! Lemme ask you, when you are out hunting with your scoped rifle, do you the optics hidden in a leather or foam and duct tape cocoon? This thing is going to be lying flat against my side when I'm hiking around, so if it gets slammed hard enough to get damaged, I will be too, so moot point. This Ultradot, as you might not be able to see in the pics, is small and very tough, so when I asked Rob to make it this way, I got what I wanted. Poo, poo, good grief.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

No, no, no Smitty…………………. It’s one of my right days! It may not be the set up that I would pick for myself, but having met Mr. Mauserboy and gotten to know him a tiny bit, I would say it’s the perfect rig for him and I am confident that it will serve him well for the remainder of his days.

Now if I judged it on the “Alangaq” Olympic scale I would give it an overall rating of 8 (that is rather extraordinary considering the judge is a A%* H$#l@) starting from 10 (maximum) it only gets a 1 point deduction for rubber grips on the handgun, and 1 point deduction for stainless construction, and also a 1 point deduction for the scope. But he gains back a ½ point because the scope is blued, and another ½ point for the Oxblood leather dye.

Now to put this in perspective you have to remember what a freak I am.

For Alangaq there can be no:

Rubber grips
    Synthetic stocks
    Stainless anything
    Neoprene slings
    Nylon holsters
    Practical is a word I am unfamiliar with…….
    The “hard way” can be the right way (even if Barta is an idiot)

To be perfect for me (and no, not everything I have is perfect……yet)

It should be Wood
    Blued Steel
    With more shiny wood
    And even more blued steel
    Lots of leather!
    You can trust a tree, and plastic and rubber are for pop bottles and pacifiers……

Like I said…… I am a freak.

Anyway, nice holster Mauserboy! The leather rocks!

P.S. Mauserboy may well be past the Poo Poo days, but I am intimately familiar with the term........... in fact, I am off to change a poo, poo boy right now as the wife is running to the store.......
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Alangaq:
    I thought I had ya there son. I shudda knowed bedder.

mauserboy:
    Good point. Actually, I think it is a fine holster. I just didn't want Alangaq to be right AGAIN.

I have a grandson. He is ONE.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Ah, I see...

Looks like I got in between two amiable snipers. That's cool. Gave me a chance to throw a couple sticks Smitty's way. If you have a grandson, old fart, then yes, poo poo is a fine term and very stinky at that age, too.