Thread: Tracked ARGO vs. SxS wheeler w/ tracks

Default Tracked ARGO vs. SxS wheeler w/ tracks

What would perform better in mud and snow, a ARGO with tracks, or a Yamaha Rhino (or similar) UTV outfitted with tracks?

Wouldn't a UTV w/ tracks be a lot cheaper for a new rig?

if by perform you mean which will go through more nasty then the ARGO wins hands down...I've owned a tracked up Rhino and ridden with tracked up ARGO's....not much of a comparison until you start discussing price or ride quality...lol...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Were the tracks worth it on the Rhino? I am looking at tracks to improve my marshy ground performance. Just want to know if it will give the performance that is advertised.

Default rhino tracks

Were the tracks worth it on the Rhino? I am looking at tracks to improve my marshy ground performance. Just want to know if it will give the performance that is advertised.

the tracks were a huge improvement over tires as far as capability...it comes with a price...ride quality and dependability suffer greatly, not to mention your wallet...lol...there are a few unique situations that prove to be kryptonite to those tracks but for the most part if you use your head and bring some tools and extra parts (ie bearings, bolts, grease gun etc) you'll be getting through quite a bit more than tires.....but when you get stuck with the tracks you're REALLY screwed for a while....

if you've got money to burn then give 'em a shot, I'm sure you've noticed them on craigs list a few times...just get familiar with them and keep a few extra parts along.... having said that, I won't be running with tracks anymore, tires do well enough for where I go, those tracks sure do suck when the trail is dry/rocky/rutted etc....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....