Thread: Now we're being shot at!

Been standard practice for 40 years. I can't tell you how many times I've been shot at ---- for camping on public land.

Default Well... if convicted...

She is facing felony assault charges, which means that if she is convicted, she will no longer be able to own a firearm. So unless she takes up archery, there should be no more worries about this one anyway.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

My respons to them would have been from a position of cover and it would have been clear that if they continued I would return fire. DLP aint just for problem bears! I hope they put her away for a good long time, they need to make an example of her so all these yahoos will realize that AK aint the wild west!

Ditto. Lets just shoot every crazy old lady

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    My respons to them would have been from a position of cover and it would have been clear that if they continued I would return fire. DLP aint just for problem bears! I hope they put her away for a good long time, they need to make an example of her so all these yahoos will realize that AK aint the wild west!

Default Call it what you want

The bottom line is if you jeopardize my life or the life of my family by shooting at me then you would get the same response and I don't miss to often. The Marine Corps trainned me well!!! It's a wonder that if she has been doing this for 40 years that someone hasn't shot her in response.

Default But Michael!

You can't hear the arrows coming into camp until they stick you somewhere!
    No excuse for her if you are on public land. Still have to wonder how she survived 40 years doing it though!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    You can't hear the arrows coming into camp until they stick you somewhere!
    No excuse for her if you are on public land. Still have to wonder how she survived 40 years doing it though!
    Mike
    Maybe I looked into what you said more than you intended but there's no excuse imo to just shoot at someone even if they aren't camping on public property.

Default No time

If you review the court case, she plead out on the Misdemeanor A charge: lost her .357 magnum revolver, got a year probation, and paid $650.00 fine. The felony charge was dismissed by the prosecuter. Plus I'm sure she had a "LIAR" at her side of the bench.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Forgot the smileys

I didn't mean to leave the impression I approved of her actions at all.
    We do need to maintain the disctinction between public and private land here though. Trespass laws give the landowner more leeway (NOT to include shooting you and the last thing you hear is "You was trespassing!) If the landowner orders you to move your camp from the nice view spot overlooking the river (on his land) to the gravel bar (public land), the fact that it is dark doesn't matter.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

<<<If the landowner orders you to move your camp from the nice view spot overlooking the river (on his land) to the gravel bar (public land), the fact that it is dark doesn't matter.>>>

well, yes and no. as you say shooting isn't option in ANY of the situations described here, after all we don't live in some yahoo state like texas...(which, come to think of it, is probably where IDIOTS like this woman and her hubby would probably be happierŚcourse, that is probably where they came from....)

if i was forced to stop on private land to spend the night in order to not put myself and/or my family in mortal danger by continuing in the dark i would. i would apologize to the landowner for my stupidity, offer to pay and agree to whatever reasonable rules they asked for. if the landowner had a problem with that then they can call a cop. or, in this cop-less situation, i would be happy to provide my ID to the landowner and they could notify law enforcement at a later time.

but, there are plenty of WACKOS in alaska. remember, AK draws 3 types of peopleŚmissionaries, mercenaries, and, misfits.

-g

Default a shame

What issue is bigger here? The issue of crazy old people firing rounds at tresspassers. Or the fact of a worthless prosecuter letting her off with a misdemeanor?

The lady is lucky she is not dead already. If she continues to shoot at people she will meet someone who will shoot back and not miss. Then we will see in the news where a trespassing rafter killed a harmless old lady in circle. What a vicious cycle. If justice would have been served to begin with the matter would end.

Life is too short to not get along, for those out there that can not get along with others than rot in jail. This lady belongs in jail along with the prosecuter!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gulkana99701 View Post
    <<<

but, there are plenty of WACKOS in alaska. remember, AK draws 3 types of peopleŚmissionaries, mercenaries, and, misfits.

-g
    I guess by process of elimination, I must be a misfit.

Default Okay folks, we're done with this one--

I got another note about this thread this evening and poked my head in the door here. Are we talking about shooting people here? I think we've gone a bit too far with this thread, and I'm locking it down.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay