Thread: Remington 1100 Assembly

Default Remington 1100 Assembly

What is the easiest way to get the trigger assembly back into the housing? There's a metal retainer strip/spring on the right side of the gun (as if you're shooting it) that I can't hold down enough to replace the assembly. Hopefully the answer is easier than 'just try harder.'

Thanks for the help.

Is the feed latch supposed to pop out when you remove the trigger assembly? I think that might be my problem. It appears as if it was 'staked' in place and it's no longer held in place which is why no one talks about when putting the trigger back. Anyone know how to fix it?

Default I HATE putting 1100's back together!!!

http://www.remington.com/pdfs/om/om_11001187.pdf
    Only help I can give at the moment is to link to the Owner's Manual. Check around page 17 for installing the trigger plate assembly, or read the whole thing, in case ya missed something along the way.
    With a bit of use the feed latch will pop out when you remove the trigger plate assembly. I hate when that happens. Gotta hold everything in just the right place, hold yer tongue in just the right spot, and twist the thing in just right and it'll all go together.
    I fought one off and on for eight hours one day on a cantankerous old beeotch of a shotgun. Hated that thing and was never more glad to see a shotgun sell than that one!
    Sorry, can't be much more help.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 09-14-2008 at 04:07. Reason: ..

Thanks for that. Finally got it in. I used a center punch to hold in in place through the keeper holes. Seems to work alright. Now I need a new 20 ga. o-ring and I'll be back in business.

Default That O-ring...

is MUCH easier to replace!!! Good shooting!

Default Open the Action

I found that holding the action open allows for the trigger mech. to slide back into place smoothly. Then you can slide the locking pin in. I took mine apart sitting in the duck blind one clear Autumn day. Rather interesting but it worked. I have had mine for 20 years and will not change. I think they work great.

Your best bet is to have someone restake the feed latch. It's quick and easy if you have the correct staking tool. Takes about 5 minutes including dis and re assembly. That way field stripping won't be a hassle in the future and you won't curse your shotgun. The tools are available from the usual sources, Brownells and the like.

Don't need no stinkin tools.....

Sorry, my attempt at humor. All you need is to align the feed latch with the trigger pin hole and the take a small chisel or center punch and lightly stake the part in the slot. Two places at most. All you're trying to do is keep it from falling out while reassembling.

And as someone else stated the trigger assembly is both removed and reinstalled only with the bolt open.

Bob