Thread: Best Hunting Partner

Default Best Hunting Partner

I have to brag a bit, I think I have the best partner.. my wife.
    This is the result from our 14th aniversary hunt. Had a great time, five days out of a tent with nothing but great company. We took our Bou within minutes and yards of each other on the fourth day! She did have first shot and hers was taller & wider
    Attached Images Attached Images

HOLY COW!..err I mean bull.....very nice....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default partners

Congrats on your hunt. I have hunted with my wife for the last 26 years and she has always been great to hunt with.
    Nice caribou, where were you hunting?

Default Picture

I've seen that pic all over Alaska, sportsmans Warehouse etc. even in Barneys.

Default congatulations

I am jealous, my wife wont go unless it is in a RV with a toilet and stove

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i suppose in this day of P/Correctness and minding what we say.....

this is the only time we can HONESTLY say

NICE RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default nice work

Great job, sounds like a great time, where were you hunting??.

My wife won't go hunting, have tried to convince for the good times together but no luck

Default Thanks..

Thanks for the compliments! We fought the Chicken crew.. The more gas you pack the further you get away from everyone. By the time we came out everyone was gone, I guess with the reduced number of critters everyone lost patience and headed home We were very fortunate to get these two. Both had double shovels.

Huntinfool. How come you didn't let your wife shoot the bigger one.

You need to post some better pics of that bull of yours. Some other angles too! What a unique rack!

Default size does matter??

My wife being the true sportsman did have first shot. We were working up a ridge and she was leading. I was hanging back glassing and she found the bulls. I was about 75 yards behind and I saw her wave me to stop and she readied for the shot After she shot I high tailed it up to her only to hear her say ... mine is the one on the left shoot the other one!
    I did not hesitate and pulled up on the one that presented a shot and looked the best in a split second After we approached the critters I asked her why she did not shoot the bigger one and she said hers was bigger just not as much junk. Also she said mine and another one were bed down and hers was standing broad side and offered a perfect shot!
    What a woman! Hers is wider and taller and carries a lot more mass. Mine just has more points (42). Any guess on score?? I am not good at Bou scores. Hers is the one on the right wheeler.

Default score

well im guessing high 380's low 390's

dang dude - both of those bou are beautifu! Congrats to you for such a successful hunt with the wife - makes it easy to justify your passions when your wife is just as into it as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNfool View Post
    ...she said hers was bigger just not as much junk....

Any guess on score??
    I love it! Thats great

As far as a score goes, this P&Y 'bou scores 374 3/8. Your bou sports WAAAY better bez, more tines and possibly longer main beams. That bou is pushin low 400's IMO.

Click this link. It takes an honest hour for me to score a 'bou, being conscious to try and be accurate. Put a tape on that big daddy buck and let us know!

BTW, you gonna plaque it?
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (102.1 KB, 136 views)

Wow, congrats on terrific hunt and great hunting partner! When was this? I can't believe Chicken is still open?!?!?

Man I like a love story.

She loves to hunt and he loves to hunt, its enought to bring a tear to your eyes.

You are a lucky man.

Congrats on the nice bou. Sounds like you guys had a great time. My soon to be wife and I are heading out in a couple days for her first hunt. She drew a ewe tag and I will be hunting birds. I can't wait just to see her initial reactions on every emotion that goes on during a hunt. It is a great thing indeed to have a woman like that that will do this. I couldn't imagine doing some of her hobbies, but I guess I have to try them now.

Default Thanks Again!

Thanks for all the replies and info..
    I am having the rack dipped and when it is back I will attempt to score it!
    BTW this was taken in August I just am a little slow at getting things put on the computer. My wife is very supportive of my hobby?? Until it comes time to buy another gun. I even offer to buy her one too, still not working