Thread: Ruger LCP 380

Default Ruger LCP 380

Maybe I missed it, but I think I read that several of you have picked up one of these little guns. What are your impressions?

Default still have not shot it

but I like it. Carrys very nice. Very easy to conceal. I bought a highnoon holster that is recommended on the ruger site. 15* scant, had to slightly modify the rubber gromit that is the tension adjustment for the gun. Will fire it one of these days. Couldn't beat the price so I bought one and sold my revolver. Lots easier to conceal, a slim 3/4 of inch.

Man, its been months since you got that thing! Shoot it already!

Default Love it

I've had mine for about a month now and have put 406 rounds through it. No FTF or FTE! none! Might not be the most accurate gun, but from 25' I can put all 6 rounds in a white paper plate. I use Fiocchi 90 XTPHP ammo. Since I got my Mi CPL about 2 1/2 years ago I've carrier a XD .40 sub and a S&W 638 Bodyguard. I sold the 638 last week for a new Leupold scope and I don't think I'll ever miss it. I believe you carry the biggest gun you can that allows for good concealment. I found myself leaving the XD in my truck far to often because I couldn't hide it right. I have to wear tucked in Business Casual clothing for work. The 638 went in a pocket ok but was still too heavy for my liking. The LCP is ALWAYS in my pocket now, ready to protect my wife, son and daughter. The fact that it is a .380 does not bother me at all. I waited almost 4 months at Cabelas here in Dundee, Mi to get the gun. The waiting list is now 100 deep and they are no longer adding to it. I was told they are nearing a year behind here now

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

SteveJCootie:

Good report.

What about the recoil, was it unpleasant?

Were you able to get all your pinkies on the grip?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    SteveJCootie:

Good report.

What about the recoil, was it unpleasant?

Were you able to get all your pinkies on the grip?

Smitty of the North

Recoil (to me) is nothing, barrel jumps but is controlable

Definitely canNOT get pinky finger on grip. Not even close. Again this isn't a problem (for me). I couldn't get all of my fingers on the 638 with the LG405 CTC grip

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

SteveJCootie:
    Thank You Sir.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SteveJCootie, just got news that mine is ready for shipping. I am looking forward to getting the LCP. If you can hit a paper plate at 25' then you can hit what it was made for, self protection. I am not too far from you in MI and stop at Cabela's often. Thanks for the report on the pistol. Mark

Default There in stock!!!

Just thought I would let everybody know. Chimo Guns in Wasilla has LCP's in stock. Selling for $288.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Man, its been months since you got that thing! Shoot it already!
    shot it today and I like it. It hit where I was aiming, maybe 15 yards. 4 of the 6 bullets were touching each other in two groups. The kick is very nice, no problem at all with its size. very smooth shooter and worth it. Very cool gun and lighter than most.

Just got it back from the recall. Less than 2 weeks from the day I shipped it. I shot it with the new mag, has a little finger hold. Makes a great carry gun.

Thanks for the report. I imagine the extra magazine finger groove does wonders for hand-fit....

Great to hear you like the little bugger. Were you shooting off-hand or off a sandbag?

was shooting off hand out hiking. No real target just knot on tree stump. With my finger on the trigger I get two fingers on the grip, with or without the new mag. The new mag just feels good. Was surprized myself when I shot the first shot. Recoil, but not much jump. Just like ruger site says and the video showed.

People say it is ruger keltec. But then why did a lot of kel tec owners sell to buy the new ruger? Plus it is lighter. Very nice gun for what it is built for.