Thread: Russian/Quartz 09/21-09/27

Default Russian/Quartz 09/21-09/27

Coming up to fish for rainbows/dollies on the Russian/Quartz and Kenai in a week. Have received some advice from members here and really appreciate it!!
    From the reports I have been reading most of the rainbows and dollies have moved out of Russian and Quartz. Are they still worth the time to fish?
    Would you stick with the Kenai and avoid Quartz and Russian River? We will be hiking and wading and have heard the Kenai has limited access to fish from shore.

Will also be targeting steelhead a few days on the Anchor River so if in the area feel free to join us. My friend, an old army buddy, is a very experienced steelhead fisherman and would more that will to share advice tips to catch on a fly rod if you come fish the Anchor River.

Any advice is appreciated

at that time, i think most have moved out. but i may be wrong. maybe someone else will chime in.

I was going to Quartz this past weekend, but after getting some reports from the locals I decided against it. It was reported the bows and dollies had moved out for the most part. Still fish there, but would have to work a flesh fly pretty hard. Went to Willow Creek instead.

how was willow. Don't mean to hijack, but I was gonna head up there this weekend but seemed to misplace some of my gear, lol.

Willow was good. I could not seem to get my act together for some reason. Two fisherman there were nice enough to give me some advice. They hooked multiple bows at the mouth. I struck out at the mouth, and at Shirley Town Bridge. Deception Creek area is were we started to get into fish. Not a lot of Salmon left in the river. Bows are starting to move back down. Flesh flies and beads.