Thread: Judd Lake

Default Judd Lake

Having missed the hunting seasons because of work schedules, I may have a few days off at the end of September/early October and am looking to get in a hunt. I found a note, in my handwritting, on that Alaska Atlas we all have, "Judd Lake good for brown bears in fall" but can't remember who told me that. Anyone out in forum land ever been out there who can confirm/deny that?

Default 16B Judd Lake

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mauler View Post
    Having missed the hunting seasons because of work schedules, I may have a few days off at the end of September/early October and am looking to get in a hunt. I found a note, in my handwritting, on that Alaska Atlas we all have, "Judd Lake good for brown bears in fall" but can't remember who told me that. Anyone out in forum land ever been out there who can confirm/deny that?

There are a couple of cabins on the lake and there are two outfitters that use this area. One hunts out of the cabins and the other uses the small alpine lakes up in the hills. Bears are there but really hard to hunt. Lots of high alders. You really need to hike up into the two river valleys and glass from a high point. Bears will come in to fee on the rivers, if your in the right area and there's no ones else to contend with, your in.

Thank you, that's what I needed to know.

There are a few good brown's being taken off the Tal. I did a hunter below Judd last week it's a tough hunt find a salmon hole and sit it out.
    Chuck

Thank you. What's that a picture of?