Thread: Weasel?

Default Weasel?

I know interest in these things has died out with all the new ATVs and such, but does anyone here have any experience with weasels? I'm trying to find out what they're capable of and if one would work for me. I've already done a search of the forum and wasn't able to find out much.
    What I need is something with gobs of traction, doesn't need to go fast, and can pull a ton.

check your pm's i got tons of parts and 3 of these things. warm, dry, goes anywhere. life is good. 20 in. wide tracks, came stock with a flathead studebaker 6 cyl. but almost anything can be put in if you so desire. very simple to work on, 3 speed tranny with a 2 speed rear end. they can pull alot and can be very reliable. keep in mind they dont have a rear end designed to lock up for turning, they require a 12 foot turning radius so turning on a dime is out of the question. im taking mine up to the denali hwy to play around. call me.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mauler View Post
    I know interest in these things has died out with all the new ATVs and such, but does anyone here have any experience with weasels? I'm trying to find out what they're capable of and if one would work for me. I've already done a search of the forum and wasn't able to find out much.
    What I need is something with gobs of traction, doesn't need to go fast, and can pull a ton.
    Had my buddies weasel pull my ATV through one of the gooiest mud holes I've been in. He went in first and I followed he went through I made it about 10 feet. So he backed through the mud hole hooked a rope to me and drug me 150 ft with mud up over my tires. It was impressive.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author