Thread: Big pile of gravel by Whittier launch

Default Big pile of gravel by Whittier launch

I was in whittier on wednesday to grab a couple of items off of my boat and took a quick swing by the harbor. At the east ramp there is a big pile of gravel & quite a number of big bags of gravel lined up. MAYBE??? the work on the ramp is going to start soon?? i'll believe it when i see it. Anybody know anything else about this gravel??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Chum bag

The big bags of gravel are chum bags for fishermen/boaters/wishful thinkers who want to believe that there is progress being made.

It draws us in....but will we bite?

As the saying goes, "now that's funny, I don't care who you are." Chum bags for boaters.

Default not chum bags

They are "Chump" bags

Delicious chum bags! I am going to circle the ramp until its done.

Question

Steve

I was fishing in Whittier this weekend & they actually have moved heavy equipment next to the pile of sand & there is a large rock pile growing there too. I tried to find someone to explain what it was for, but I guess that we were there too early on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by akdeweyj View Post
    Steve

I was fishing in Whittier this weekend & they actually have moved heavy equipment next to the pile of sand & there is a large rock pile growing there too. I tried to find someone to explain what it was for, but I guess that we were there too early on Saturday.
    How about a report on your fishing trip? Will try for there this weekend if weather permits.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    How about a report on your fishing trip? Will try for there this weekend if weather permits.
    FREAKIN LOUSY! The weather kept us in the canal - No salmon to be seen except for a couple of skanky looking pinks- we got 6 rockfish of various flavors while prospecting some new terrain - we lost a bigger fish & got tired of the rain & didn't try halibut fishing. We saw very few boats out, most were in Shotgun Cove trolling, but we never saw any nets.

We may try it again this weekend if the weather shapes up a bit.

Thanks for the report. Good luck this weekend.
    If you're out this weekend, give a shout for either Scott Free (my boat) or C-Spirit (my buddy's). I'll tell ya if I'm catching anything.