Thread: Canon 50D

Default Canon 50D

I'm ready to buy (tomorrow 12 Sep) a Canon 40D with 2 lenses, 17-85F4-5.6 IS USM and 70-300F4-5.6 IS USM (both lenses are Canon). This package comes with the usual stuff, card, case, tripod etc...Sells for $1,149 with free shipping. So lastnight I'm looking on line and I see a reference to the new 50D. So I'm checkin this out and of course now I'm like, I gotta have that one. Most places don't have them in just yet, expecting them within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am going to buy from an outfit called SonicCamera.com. I asked them this morning about the 50D and he tells me they have them but their are not on the website yet. I asked how much the same package would be but with the 50D. He said like $2,600 or so. Too much for me. So now I notice a site called PhotoDynasty.com. They have the the 50D with the same lenses above for $1659 with free shipping. I call Sonic back and the guy tells me it has to be Gray market, no way they could sell it for that. When I tried to call photodynasty back they were closed. So, do any of you know of this photodynasty? I will try to call them back tomorrow morning to see what they have to say. Anyway, either way I'm buying a camera, if the $1659 price is legit and it is a USA camera I'll upgrade to the 50D otherwise it'll be the 40D. Thanks!

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Whoa.. I guess I better get with the real world.

(chuckle). It is not the price of the camera that is important or even the model of the camera that is important.

It is what you can do with ANY camera! That is the ONLY important issue.

If you think, that having a Nikon or Cannon is the way to becoming a professional photographer. You are sadly mistaken. You are falling into the same trap as the majority of new photographers fall into. i.e. (unless I have this brand) I am not capable of creating a pleasing image !!

COMPOSITION and subject matter are what the main important points to grasp and understand.

When you can do that successfully with any camera, then you are on your way to learning how to photograph !! (anything) !!

The bottom line in photography is how much money you can make.. not which brand you use !!!

Just like hunting. it is not which rifle you own, or which ammunition you use. but can you successfuly take down that animal with what you have!!

Just my opinion !!! (as a successful photographer). ( money wise)

Some people are not into photography for the money, but for the enjoyment of creating images for whatever purpose.

I am only in it for the $$$$$.

that is the one point that drives me onward daily to improve. The brand of camera has nothing to do with it.

If I told you which camera I use now & (have used) you would gasp and call me inexperienced. People are not interested in WHICH CAMERA, was used to create that image, Cannon or Nikon .. they buy photographs that they WANT !!

Ansel Adams is perhaps the most famous photographer that ever lived. Can you tell me which brand of camera he used ?? NOPE !!! no one cares !!! The only thing people gasp at, is his expertise in composition and creating an amazing image!!

Go for the 40D. Photodynasty.com scores .37 out of 10 at Resellerratings.com
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Photo_Dynasty

Always check resellerratings.com for any photo store you are not very familiar with. Don't by from places like this.

Also, anyone saying they have a 50D in stock right now should be immediately suspect. Not saying it isn't possible that they have one, but it's highly unlikely, and there are plenty of crooked photo dealers that will tell you anything to bill your credit card right now.

Default Glad I checked

Thanks for the heads up on the resellers web site. Looks like both Dynasty and Sonic are rip off artists. The 50D on Dynasty was an import. I will regroup and find a reputable place to buy from. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the resellers web site. Looks like both Dynasty and Sonic are rip off artists. The 50D on Dynasty was an import. I will regroup and find a reputable place to buy from. Thanks again!
    -B&H and Adorama are reputable. Also, check with Doug at Cameral Land. Maybe he sells Canon products?