Thread: Sag river find-intact caribou rack

Default Sag river find-intact caribou rack

Found along Sag in brush upstream from PS 2, some velvet intact but probably 1 year old.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Antlers

Cool find! My dad wanted to pack out a bunch of antlers from the brooks. It was just too far to carry them. I found a really cool moose shed one time that had 9 brow tines. Brought it home and figured Id get it carved one day or something. Its still in the garage.

Wow, great looking rack for up there! I've found from seeing thousands of those up there that you have a hard time finding a 'bou with decent tops/palmation let alone a decent set of bez on him. You put a tape on it? Be interested to know a score...

Thanks for sharing, man!

I knew I left something up there
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Good shape to!

Wow doesn't look like the mice even touched that one yet. I found one a bit smaller than that last year but the mice had tore the tops up. Either way it will look fantastic in a brown bear habitat mount!
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Default Found this one last year

I found this one last year along Toolik River by Slope Mountain whole skeleton was there in a thicket of brush approx 3 miles from road. I looked for an arrow but didnt find one.
    made for a nice outside decoration
    Attached Images Attached Images

few spots chewed on by mice being out on island that gets flooded yearly mouse population is probably low???? i was suprised it was not destroyed.

have not taped it but will and post it ......probably not real soon thou

i was stalking other bou so did not take time to look for arrow and never made it back there to check.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER