Thread: Seward beaches?

Default Seward beaches?

Anyone have some reports from the seward beach areas weather it be the culverts, falls, lowell point, res creek etc.; Gonna be out there this weekend in the rain hoping to catch atleast a fish or two-

Thanks,
    -Nick

Leaving tommorow, all info appreciated; gonna try our same rockfish from shore spots aswell but they usally produce dinks- anyone know a place to go within a 5 mi bike ride of seward for some average size rockfishing from shore?
    -thanks,
    nick

Spent the rainy weekend in seward. Couldnt even coax rockfish to bite from shore, either they had moved out to deeper water or the water (being less than a foot vis) had something to do with it. Culverts were dead, waterfall was gushing like crazy and dead....

but topped off 2 days of rain with 1 short hour long burst of 6 silvers betweeen my friend and I, not bad. Other than that short burst (3 were beginning to blush, 3 chrome) im betting the run is over- gl next year everyone.

P.S during this burst we were the only ones there... everyone else had given up; it quickly died towards the end taking a while to get the last fish

Almost regret posting about catching the silvers- please do not drive down there and waste your gas (seriously) it is almost completely dead... no one was catching from boat or shore besides the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; just a fluke but a good one

take care everyone,
    nick

Shoot.
    I'm coming in Thursday and thinking about being in Seward on the weekend. If i read correctly, I'm not getting any silvers casting around Seward?
    Is there a place (river) close by where rainbows would be around?

There might be rainbows around but vis was under a foot for water.. maybe 6 inches; dont know if it would do you good

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Shoot.
    I'm coming in Thursday and thinking about being in Seward on the weekend. If i read correctly, I'm not getting any silvers casting around Seward?
    Is there a place (river) close by where rainbows would be around?
    Ptarmigan Creek isn't too far from Seward and can produce some nice 'bows and dollies. Something to try, anyway...

If the weather is decent, I'm going to go to either Whittier or Seward for some shore fishing as well. We'll see how things go....