Thread: Canvas on the Peninsula

Default Canvas on the Peninsula

I'm looking to have some work done on the cavas on the boat. Used to live in Anchorage and I don't know of a business on the Peninsula that can do the work for me.

Any suggestions? I'm in Sterling...

Thanks

Default That's easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingmike View Post
    I'm looking to have some work done on the cavas on the boat. Used to live in Anchorage and I don't know of a business on the Peninsula that can do the work for me.

Any suggestions? I'm in Sterling...

Thanks
    NOMAR in Homer. Good work done for a good price.

You might also try the Poofy Puffin up in Kenai. There used to be an upholstery place at the end of the residences on Swanson River Road as well.

Default sayak

Thanks. I'm not far from Swanson River Road. I'll try there first.

M

Default top

A year and a half ago I looked for the guy on Swanson River Rd, and was told by his neighbor he no longer does canvas.
    I went to Nomar in Homer, and was glad I did. I think about $2300 for the whole enclosed camper back. Well built and designed the way I wanted it. I just dropped the boat off for a week early spring.

Default Got Toys

Thanks. Saved me a trip down the Swanson River Road. I'll follow up on the Homer info.
    M

Default canvas sewing

Yes the lady that used to do it on Swanson river road does not have time any more with her new job in town. She also has some horses etc. and so too busy. I had her do a coupleof snowmobile seats a few years ago and they turned out excellent.
    The poofy Puffin over on the spur high way in Kenai does a good job also.
    We had her sew up a bunch of stuff a year ago and she did very good.
    She is in that little yellow building on the south side of the spur highway near the schools.
    I think that the outfit in Homer would be a great bet, as they do lots of boat stuff. they have it figured out.
    worth the drive to homer me thinks.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Ginger at the Poofy Puffin does a great job but her prices reflect it as well. She'll get it done and done right, might take a bit of time though. Plus you'll keep the money local. I always try that if prices are reasonable and comparable to others.

Default West Poppy

There is a place off West Poppy, off K-Beach that does upholstery. Cozy Cushions is the name, 262-1626. Friends have had stuff done there and it looks good.

Default Thanks!

I'll try the locals first. Thanks again for all the help. The forums really work, don't they?

M

Default Fixed Up!

Thanks to aufevermike and Alaskacanoe. I used Poofy Puffin in Kenai for the canvas adjustment/repair and they were very accomodating and did the work fast and with skill. I appreciate your help. I definitely reccommend them for upholstery work.

Mike