Thread: River trout fishing

Default River trout fishing

I've never fished for trout in a river. Has someone got a link or some pics to show me what I need. Descriptions are OK but I'm more of a visual guy.
    Also, what are the good rivers, or any other places around Anchorage to get them? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Default Thanx!

Thanx y0gee. I stopped by sportsmans wearhouse this am and badgered them for about 1/2 hour. Now to try to get some fish.

I've got a video, you can see what we were using in it. Custom Beads, I'm sure you can buy them from any fly fishing shop. Click on my vid link at the bottom of this post. Good Luck!

Fish ON!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Default 3M Video a Must IMO

I know for some this might go against the grain or Alaska Logic however many years ago 3M made a series of videos one which would more than meet your needs is Anatomy of a Trout Stream. It is not the Match the Hatch Bead / Flesh world we live into today however a bulk of the information still applies and would make a valuable contribution to your education concerning fishing rivers.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...myTroutStream/

It is also available at most fly shops now and again and other web sites such as Hook & Hackle now located in PA.

That being said reading water is the first step to you learning how to effectively fish a stream of course in Alaska for the most part i.e. during salmon runs the game slightly changes compared to lower 48 fishing however some of the same bsic principles apply.

Wade softly and carry a small stick!!!!!!!!!!

Best of Luck hope the info helps!

Tight Lines and Best Wishes

Richard Mousseau
    www.bluemooserafting.com