Thread: M6 range report

Default M6 range report

finally shot some slugs thorugh two M6's 410 shotgun side.

None seemed to group well at 25 yds.
    The Brennekes nor the federal, win, rem would keep about a 6inch group. Now I would not want to get shot with one, but I was surprised by the size of the various groups. The 22hornet, 410 has a dot, regular irons on the 22lr version. What should I expect from 410 slugs?

by contract, the hornet and 22 lr shot 1 1/2 at 25 yds, about 2 ' at 50 yds, with the dot or irons.

3 inch #6 410 shells leave great holes in the pattern at 15 yds. maybe on pellet in a pop can. no wonder I have missed some birds with the thing!

2.5 inch #7, 6 or even #4 shot punch quite a few holes in a pop can...

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    finally shot some slugs thorugh two M6's 410 shotgun side.

None seemed to group well at 25 yds.
    The Brennekes nor the federal, win, rem would keep about a 6inch group. Now I would not want to get shot with one, but I was surprised by the size of the various groups. The 22hornet, 410 has a dot, regular irons on the 22lr version. What should I expect from 410 slugs?

by contract, the hornet and 22 lr shot 1 1/2 at 25 yds, about 2 ' at 50 yds, with the dot or irons.

3 inch #6 410 shells leave great holes in the pattern at 15 yds. maybe on pellet in a pop can. no wonder I have missed some birds with the thing!

2.5 inch #7, 6 or even #4 shot punch quite a few holes in a pop can...
    Allen: I have in my ctg collection some of the M-6 issue ammo. The .410 ammo is 3" aluminum cases and the top of the sealed round is marked #6. I have a box of .22 Hornet issue ammo that is FMJ bullets in brass cases.

An original M-6 as issue rifle would of course fall under NFA rules. If memory serves me I recall the barrels to be 12" in the original.

Happy shooting!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default M6

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Allen: I have in my ctg collection some of the M-6 issue ammo. The .410 ammo is 3" aluminum cases and the top of the sealed round is marked #6. I have a box of .22 Hornet issue ammo that is FMJ bullets in brass cases.

An original M-6 as issue rifle would of course fall under NFA rules. If memory serves me I recall the barrels to be 12" in the original.

Happy shooting!
    the originals I believe had 14 in barrels I believe and were black rubber coated. Hornet/410, no 22 LR versions. USFS used to have a few up here and I saw one or two at gun shows in the 70's..

No S/S, but I do have a few boes of the 22 Hornet issue ammo.
    Still looking for 22 Hornet 90 gran TC roads issued for aircraft panel destruction

the Springfield copies are nice enough, and the later versions have a trigger guard. The rilfe side shoot well enough, as noted above

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    the originals I believe had 14 in barrels I believe and were black rubber coated. Hornet/410, no 22 LR versions. USFS used to have a few up here and I saw one or two at gun shows in the 70's..

No S/S, but I do have a few boes of the 22 Hornet issue ammo.
    Still looking for 22 Hornet 90 gran TC roads issued for aircraft panel destruction

the Springfield copies are nice enough, and the later versions have a trigger guard. The rilfe side shoot well enough, as noted above

I saw quite a few in the 70's here in Alaska. All the ones I saw where silver in color. The skeletal stock had the folding cover for ammo storage in the frame.

I knew a flight surgeon that had acquired several through his nefarious trading, one of my brother-in laws had one. I stayed as far away from the clowns as I could, Heck ATF here from Anchorage would bust a guy with one of these as a guy with a .50 cal Browning. I knew the two nut case GI's that found a down world war II fighter and hauled the six .50 cals home, put then in their basement and then the dummies tried to find someone to help make them work. I won't finish that story in public, and we don't need to go into all the left over WWII stuff that used to be here for pick-up.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson