Thread: Success in PWS Monday

Default Success in PWS Monday

Managed to sneak out Monday between the two big systems moving through. I took three guys that had not been on the salt all year. Caught the 8:30 tunnel. A little rain,with some patchy fog on the way out. Got to my spot and there was no rain and only a little breeze. Water was decent. Dropped the pots about 10:30, and a line about 10 minutes later. Was a little slow to start then picked up. Limited out by 2 PM.(4 people) Good range of fish from a 10#er up to 90#. Pulled the pots and found that they missed my mark, I guess you cant always hit it, but ended up with 3 gallons (whole) anyway. I love to put people on fish. It also is easier to tell them what their part of the bill is when they are happy! I know people tend to stop fishing this time of year, but I seem to catch more Buts in close in the fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[quote= but I seem to catch more Buts in close in the fall.[/quote]

How close, pm me I promise not to tell
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

You really do need to position the shot so that you have a recognizable landmark in the background

What's that setting next to the big 'butt....WD-40?

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    You really do need to position the shot so that you have a recognizable landmark in the background

What's that setting next to the big 'butt....WD-40?
    I've been soaking herring in WD-40 for years, the oil helps disperse the scent.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Talking WD, What WD???????

I have accidently sprayed some of that on my bait before. It seemed like the bait just slid right into the mouths of a few fish!!!!??? I was about an hour out. 300 feet of water. Caught the 5PM tunnel back. Last year on 9/11 I picked up 2 150+ pounders and several other nice fish. The problem is playing the weather game this time of year. I would love to tell everybody where I fish, but then there wouldn't be any left for me. They are there, just keep trying.

Happy to see you guys did good Monday. I'm sure you'll be going out again. Gotta make up for the "give aways". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I've been soaking herring in WD-40 for years, the oil helps disperse the scent.
    Is that not illegal? I had always heard it was....never read up on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Fisher View Post
    I love to put people on fish.
    Feel free to shoot me a pm with the spot. Depending on how much you enjoy putting people on the fish, you could even send me the coordinates. Nice slabs!

Pete
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Is that not illegal? I had always heard it was....never read up on it though.
    Not sure exactly for WD-40 but theres several stores around town that sell artificial scents, so I'm really not seeing a difference.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Not sure exactly for WD-40 but theres several stores around town that sell artificial scents, so I'm really not seeing a difference.
    WD-40 contains petroleum distillates, I believe. So in essence you would be polluting the water. I have "heard" that it leaves quite the scent trail that fish have a tough time steering away from.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I used some of the power bait grubs that have the gulp sent in them and the lings seemed to love them. Well, then again so did the rocks so I picked up a couple more packages.

I've never tried WD-40 as a scent, plenty of options that aren't adding hydrocarbons to the water.

It seems wierd that they would be attracted to petroleum distillates, but I've heard that for many years.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Can't seem to find the law...maybe someone else can. I thought it was in the same law that governs the oil companies and tanker operations. Regardless, as others have said, there are comparable products that do the same thing without the harm.