Thread: looking for a huntin partner

Default looking for a huntin partner

i don't have my atv or boat yet. good job, good truck and I work M-F. I could get an atv this week if i really wanted but think i'm going to wait til next year. I have plenty of deeks, honker floaters & a female lab and a few motion decoys. At 51, i just can't pack it in anymore and would really like to get to the birds and hunt over my lab as this might be her last year. I can also hunt after I get off work M-F. Will help pay for all gas. I live in palmer.

pm sent to you

Default looking for experience

Hi,

My name is joshua I am 24 and a novice fowl hunter. I grew up in Missouri and came up here with the army. So most of my AK hunting and fishing adventures are new to me and done with what knowledge i have gathered from reading, or talking to ppl. Most of my army buddies are gone, so I do a majority of my hunting and fishing alone. I am always looking for someone to go with, so when I read your comment I wanted to reply. I have been hunting reflection lake and the plamer hay flats. I have about 9 mallard hens and a couple drakes i put out with a float tube i keep hidden to retrieve. I try to call and stay pretty well camo'd and hidden but have had no luck. i would like to team up and go with someone and maybe learn a few things. I would gladly haul gear, and put in the work for some good tips. I plan on goin maybe Friday evening, But i am for sure goin Sat. Morning (waking at 4:30 A.M). Please give me a call if you are interested in teaming up. My # is (907) 632-3308.

Default Cousins

I can't offer you too much experience, tips, or the other good stuff, as I am still learning the ropes of hunting migratory birds in this state as well. If you don't get any takers on the offer for seasoned, knowledgeable hunting partners, I'd be happy to go along with you or have you come along with me. Can't guarantee that many birds, but I've managed to bring a few in. Sent you a PM with my contact info, if you're interested.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Default honker

sent pm need partner also

Hi,
    Im 5'10" tall, 30yrs old and love long walks on the tundra. Sorry guys just couldnt help myslef. I think its great what you guys are doing to help each other out. Get an experienced hunter out with a non experienced , it is exactly what we need to keep the hunting tradition alive and passed on to the next generation.....

Always looking for new friends. We might not get a limit of ducks but I'm sure we could sit back and tell some stories while waiting for a few ducks to come in. Send me a pm with your number.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Hello

Hey,
    I'll hunt with you I consider myself an advanced novice ducking hunter. I've been duck hunting before however I've never actually hit a duck or goose while in flight. I tend to be more successful with grouse they do not move as much. Anyways I would love to hunt with someone with more experience. What I lack in skill I make up with my positive attitude. Let me know.

Thanks

P.S: I am married to a women just got to through it out there you never know

that's cute bowtech hunter, well hey it's duck season and i don't need a reason... i try to discourage myself from posting like I did when looking for a partner as it's not a good thing to do online but I've been duck huntin every year mostly in Calif before moving here in '04 and i know guys that really wack 'em Alaska style and sleeping out out there. I've had 2 boats but sold them when i lived in soldotna, and it's been hard getting started up here. I finally landed a good job locally and decided to pay bills instead of the new atv this year.

i should just hike it in with 6 deeks but my lab is 12 and don't want her standing in water. i'll get her a duck before it's over. I usually duck hunt out of state 2 months but staying here to work this year. i want to see and hear some pintails and teal roaring through on the palmer flats as their on their way down south to fly over our club in calif.. i know them *******s will be down there in a few months and i want to kill 'em before they get there. lol....teal heaven in the central valley of calif.

if it kills me i'm gonna walk out at the flats. it's just tougher on my lab. i don't want to kill her either. she's ok, but her lungs are not expanding when she was young. She hunted great last winter but she's losing her hips now. maybe it's just a time to relax and take her and sit on a log somewhere and just walk slowly. she'll be alright. i might not get a limit but it's all about being with my dog. especially at her age. Every day is a great day. She wants to go and has the fire, just doesn't have the legs anymore.