Thread: Honda or Yamaha Snow Plowing

Default Honda or Yamaha Snow Plowing

I live in Juneau,

I've got a long, steep driveway.

The local atv dealers are 1)Honda Hut or 2) Allen Marine Yamaha Suzuki.

I am looking for power steering, and efi, and 2" reciever.

Only the Yamaha has both. Honda has either EFI which I hear is good for the cold, or power steering.

I love Honda stuff but they don't offer an ATV with both.

I am not really a fan of the local Yamaha dealer for service.

Any thoughts?

Any experienced ATV snow plow people out there with advice on anything?

I am looking at getting the Blackline plow (articulating and positive pressure plow), and some studded atv chains.

i think you answered your question then.

A 2" receiver? I didn't know they made receiver's for atv's. If you need to buy one before the snow flies then you are limited to the Yamaha's. Honda is coming out with new upgraded machines for 2009 but that may be to late for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    A 2" receiver? I didn't know they made receiver's for atv's. If you need to buy one before the snow flies then you are limited to the Yamaha's. Honda is coming out with new upgraded machines for 2009 but that may be to late for you.
    The Yamaha Rhino comes standard with a 2" receiver (front and rear) and Yamaha sells an aftermarket 2" receiver hitch you can add to the Grizzly. I think most other manufacturers are adding 2" receivers to their bigger bore quads these days.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    I live in Juneau,

I've got a long, steep driveway.

The local atv dealers are 1)Honda Hut or 2) Allen Marine Yamaha Suzuki.

I am looking for power steering, and efi, and 2" receiver.

Only the Yamaha has both. Honda has either EFI which I hear is good for the cold, or power steering.

I love Honda stuff but they don't offer an ATV with both.

I am not really a fan of the local Yamaha dealer for service.

Any thoughts?

Any experienced ATV snow plow people out there with advice on anything?

I am looking at getting the Blackline plow (articulating and positive pressure plow), and some studded atv chains.
    Not sure what your budget is but if you have the money look at the Yamaha Rhino or other side x side UTV. I bought a Rhino last year and it quickly became my primary plow vehicle. I added a heater, fully enclosed cab, and a 66" State Plow (wish I would have gone with the 72" plow). The Rhino plows much better than my old Grizzly 660 and I stay warm and dry inside the enclosed cab. I will never plow with an ATV again. The side x side is the way to go. It is so much fun that I plow neighborhood driveways and can easily make a few hundred $$$ in an afternoon. The Yamaha state plow is pretty expensive but I recovered my cost in two snow falls. Side x sides can do anything an ATV can do and more. They are great for utility work and hauling things around. Most UTVs are EFI and have a 2" receiver hitch. Power steering can be added to the Rhino but it cost $1000.00. Too much in my opinion. Side x sides are a lot more than ATVs so your budget will be your main concern. Just something else to think about.

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/