Thread: Buying boat trailers

Default Buying boat trailers

The original boat trailer I have for my 24' deep Vee boat is pretty well shot. Where in Alaska can I find a decent deal on a trailer. I did a google search and it sent me to Alaska Mining for Karavan trailers. My boat weighs right at 5,000 so I need at least that capability. Is there much available up here or do I need to look at Seattle and have it shipped etc.

Belive it or not there is a guy in Delta Junction that seems like a reasonable option. He sells High-tech trailers which are aluminum and stainless trailers that are no more than galvinized trailers.

Here is a recent ad of his off of Craigslist:

I'm the Alaska dealer fo Hi-Tech Marine Boat Trailers. I have in stock four Hi-Tech Trailer Aluminum I Beam Boat Trailers, 25' to 29' , one 10,200lbs tandem, one 10,500lbs tri-axles and two 12,000lbs tandem trailers. I also have a 29'-32' 12,000lbs tandem trailer in stock.All trailers are made with Aluminum I beam,heavy duty aluminum cross braces, buddy bearings and stainless steel hardware. Galvanized torsion axles, wheels and winch stand. Trailers have fully adjustable cypress bunks and marine carpet. Kodiak dics brakes,LED Lights and more. Can order trailers from 19' to 42' and 7,000lbs to 18,000lbs See them at www.kjenterprisesllc.com then call me for a quote. Call Dennis at 907-378-9489 9:00am to 9:00pm for a quote
    If no answer please leave message or e-mail dennisgene@Hotmail.com
    Jim

I checked Burkshore Marine (Big Lake) for prices on a King Saltwater trailer and it was way expensive (I'm assuming you want galvanized). Also called around Anchorage. Again, way expensive. Even called a couple of places in Seattle. About the same price as Anchorage (surprised me). Ended up getting it from Dewey's. It was a royal pain dealing with them and practically had to argue to get disk brakes like I wanted. I forgot the cost, but somewhere around $6K. I think around 7,500 pound capacity, two axles, brakes on both axles, surge, disks, galvenized, bunks (rollers are more). I like it, but I paid dearly for it. I even called places in Louisiana and Florida where trailers are much cheaper (e.g. aluminum I-beam...nice), but they don't ship to AK and I don't think even to the west coast. Good luck. It's going to be frustrating and/or expensive.

Magnum trailers in Washington, mine was around $2800, better than anything I have seen here yet!

there's a outfit in Bellingham,Wa that builds some decent trailers, think its called Quality trailers.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default trailer hook up gadget

Trailers can get real expensive especially to maintain whether you are repacing bearings, springs whatever they get beat up by launch ramps that are not in great shape. Seems like no matter what you spend you always spend more, very frustrating. One trailer gadget I just saw was called the Snapper, never heard of it until I saw its video on www.fishingvideonetwork.com its pretty slick. Its an automatic hook up, release system, you drive you boat up the trailer, it centers and latches, you release to launch. Trailering can be a real pain. getting a big boat on or off the trailer can be a bigger pain, so anything to make some of the process easier is worth it. Dont know how much the gizmo is but it does make loading the boat look easy.

Default I smell spam.....

Quote Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post
    Trailers can get real expensive especially to maintain whether you are repacing bearings, springs whatever they get beat up by launch ramps that are not in great shape. Seems like no matter what you spend you always spend more, very frustrating. One trailer gadget I just saw was called the Snapper, never heard of it until I saw its video on www.fishingvideonetwork.com its pretty slick. Its an automatic hook up, release system, you drive you boat up the trailer, it centers and latches, you release to launch. Trailering can be a real pain. getting a big boat on or off the trailer can be a bigger pain, so anything to make some of the process easier is worth it. Dont know how much the gizmo is but it does make loading the boat look easy.
    Does anyone smell spam here?

Default Delicious spam on toast no less!

Click on it and let us know, I would do it but can't afford to break my computer, with my constant trailer expenses and all!

Not a virus, just spam. His first and only post, so....

Meyers - heading out this weekend?

I am done for the year, to much work before freeze up. Are you and brother-in-law going to make it out anymore?

Will try this weekend on my boat. Don't want to deal with the weather, but those silvers have to come in some time (maybe) and gotta give it at least one my try this year.