Thread: If ike will get out of the way!!!!!!!

Default If ike will get out of the way!!!!!!!

If Ike will get out of the way and move west and south of New Orleans and the extreme southwest of Mississippi my smith can send my Mark V 06 back to me. I had a B&C Metalist stock which I had installed on my Mark V, bedded and free-floated with a Cera-Kote coating on receiver, barrel, bases, rings, trigger guard and floor plate. Here is a few pictures my smith sent me and you talk about one fine looking rifle. I can't wait to get it.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

SWEET! My parents are waiting for Ike to leave also, hunkered down in Naples FL. Looking forward to more Pics when you get it!

Will Holden

Yeah, can't wait to put that Zeiss on top and go to the range. I have loaded up a lot of rounds and different loads to try out while Gustav brushed by us.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Problem with that rifle is if you set'er down anywhere, you had best keep an eye on it. You may never find it again. Did that with an EBR (evil black rifle), and lost it for about 1/2 hour. Not fun.

Very nice. I like the flat, non-reflective look on any rifle.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Thanks Nitroman, it turned out better than I thought it would.
    Here is what it use to look like before the work

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Well, the storm is not coming our way so I talked to the smith and he is shipping the rifle to me Thursday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday. It ought to take 6 to 8 hours (having to let the barrel cool between shots) to shoot the loads I have loaded for my 30-06 and 375Wby while shut up in the house due to hurricanes and storms.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS