Thread: Nancy Lake Pike

Default Nancy Lake Pike

Has anyone been out on Nancy Lake for Pike recently? Thought about taking the boat out one more time. We did fairly well in the spring in the shallows but wondering how it is in the fall. Thanks in advance.

I'd get after it. The water is cool, but not cold. They should still be hitting the topwater stuff until the water temp drops. Then you will have to go to bait.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Just wondering where some good spots on the lake are to catch pike. I've never been and my dad is coming up from North Carolina for a couple of weeks and we would love to hook into some pike. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbertha78 View Post
    Just wondering where some good spots on the lake are to catch pike. I've never been and my dad is coming up from North Carolina for a couple of weeks and we would love to hook into some pike. Thanks
    If you take the road at Mile 67 down to the outlet, you can see them in the creek. A good parking spot for a SUV or truck, but not anything too big, right at the bridge where Nancy Creek comes out of Nancy Lake. The weedbeds along both sides and in the creek are good bets. It is best fished from a boat or raft, and cast toward the shores instead of having to drag the lure into the weeds. They will also come after them if you cast and drag parallel to the weed beds. They really hit well on a mouse fly. There are also several in the coves, they seem to prefer the back water as opposed to the points or open water, from what little fishing I have done there.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    If you take the road at Mile 67 down to the outlet, you can see them in the creek. A good parking spot for a SUV or truck, but not anything too big, right at the bridge where Nancy Creek comes out of Nancy Lake. The weedbeds along both sides and in the creek are good bets. It is best fished from a boat or raft, and cast toward the shores instead of having to drag the lure into the weeds. They will also come after them if you cast and drag parallel to the weed beds. They really hit well on a mouse fly. There are also several in the coves, they seem to prefer the back water as opposed to the points or open water, from what little fishing I have done there.
    Edit Post: It should have read Mile 63.7 for the turnoff on the road to the creek.