Thread: Petersberg landing craft operators/rates

Question Petersberg landing craft operators/rates

Planning my elk hunt in october. Most likely be either ferry to petersberg, and boat to zerembo/ or ferry truck to petersberg and landing craft to zerembo. Any other wisdom from experience with help planning would be great. I understand it will be a brutal hunt, I just do not want to start it from the wrong side of the island.

Default landing craft

ther is a couple of guys with landing crafts in petersburg, one of the boats is named reel king, the other boat I dont remember the name, silver bullet I think, but he runs twin mercury 250 verados, and he is a nice guy, call hammers marine 907 772 3905 they are the mercury dealer, they will know the guy,I think he was the captain of the fish and game rescearch vessel out of petersburg, retired. good luck,

As far as I know, most people access Zarembo and Etolin from Wrangell, not Petersburg. For a per hour service, it is probably less than 20 miles to Zarembo from Wrangell and more than 40 from Petersburg. Not familiar with any operators, good luck.

There is a guy in Wrangell named Gary Allen (I think) that has a barge and landing craft he takes hunters back and forth on. I was going to use him a couple of years ago but horrible 5 inch rain days cancelled our hunt. I can't recall the price, but you may have to charter the lc by yourself, which makes it more expensive. If there are other groups going back and forth, it's not as much. I think he fits 4 full size trucks on his LC and LOTS on the barge.