Thread: Anybody have any experience with these?

Default Anybody have any experience with these?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/hsh/769578468.html

These are about half the price of the Bosch units I've seen, I guess the seller is out of Ketchikan, and the shipping is reasonable. I'm a little worried about the quality, since no brand is listed.

The US is the only remaining industrialized nation to rely on "On Demand Systems". A hot water heater falls within this description. The system you show is the norm in Europe. The small outlay over a regulay hot water heater will soon be recouped within 3-4 months and continue to save money from then on over the life of the system (many years).

Much cheaper to operate and the more people in a home the more you save.

This is from someone who is in buisness for themselves as an energy auditor whose job it is to inform owners of these things.

Bob

edit: Saw that you were looking for info on a particular unit, Hope the info I posted is of help to someone.
    Last edited by BIGBOB; 09-07-2008 at 21:47. Reason: I'm a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOB View Post
    The US is the only remaining industrialized nation to rely on "On Demand Systems". A hot water heater falls within this description. The system you show is the norm in Europe. The small outlay over a regulay hot water heater will soon be recouped within 3-4 months and continue to save money from then on over the life of the system (many years).

Much cheaper to operate and the more people in a home the more you save.

This is from someone who is in buisness for themselves as an energy auditor whose job it is to inform owners of these things.

Bob

edit: Saw that you were looking for info on a particular unit, Hope the info I posted is of help to someone.
    Yeah, I'm completely sold on the "on demand" system, have it in my "grid" house. This is purely a question of this individual system/ seller Thanks for your input though... if I hear nothing bad, I'll probably give it a shot. $300 is worth the gamble IMHO. Worse case scenario, it only works for a year or so, and I have to spend more $$$. As much as I have into this cabin, it's chump change.

Bosch is not a bad name .........so far as rep's go.

This posting has expired.

Missed it, darn wanted to know more too.

Dave