Thread: Tag Recipients for Kodiak Goat

Default Tag Recipients for Kodiak Goat

Did you get your tags in the mail or did you go by the Kodiak ADFG office prior to escaping to the field? My tag for Delta sheep was mailed to me last year. Kind of expected to have this one by now.

Default Goat tag

Mine was mailed to me about 2 months or so ago.

Jimmy, I got mine in the mail a couple months ago. Headed to Kodiak from the 28th of September through the 5th of October. I'd do whatever I could to get the tag in my hands before heading down to Kodiak. If you haven't got it by now, it is not coming via mail.

I saw in another thread that you were headed out of Kodiak on the 2nd of October, was that right? If you get back into town earlier, and have time to head down the south road system, keep an eye out for us. We'll probably be hunting out of a cheapo rental car.

Thanks guys...I'll be in touch with ADFG. Jerod, I will be in the field from the 24th of Sept through the 1st of Oct. Good luck on your hunt. What area did you draw?

Default goat permit

Got mine in the mail too, a while ago...we are doing second week in Oct. save some goats for us will ya?

Default we got ours

We got our goat tags about 2 months ago. Heading out on Sept 23 and wont return until Oct 5 or when we get a goat, which ever comes first.

Jim, I drew the south road system. I've gotten some good info and have an eye in the sky for me down there, so I should have a good plan on exactly where to go when I head down there. Hoping to get the goat part of it out of the way quick and focus on deer and fishing afterwards.

Jerod, how is the fishing on Kodiak in late September? Just thinking of a contingency if we get stuck in Kodiak due to wx or mx.

From what I was told the Silver runs usually go from late August through mid Sept. but there's a good chance they'll still be running in late September, especially with all the late runs this year. I'm not sure exactly where to go for them, but I was told pretty much any river/creek running inland could produce. I've looked up some halibut charters as well, and it looks to be between $250-$300 per person for a day trip. I'd imagine that Steely fishing would be pretty good with the fresh silver eggs floating around as well. Also, duck and goose hunting should be pretty hot, so it might be worth while to bring a shotgun. I got the double rifle case cleared out today to put my buddies rifle and shotgun in for the trip down. I'm taking the bow but will use his rifle if need be for a goat if I can't close the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I'm taking the bow but will use his rifle if need be for a goat if I can't close the gap.
    Something tells me you won't need it. <grin> Thanks for the info...first trip to Kodiak for me. Soooo looking forward to it.

Default goat permits

my son and i got our permits about 8 weeks ago in the mail. been there and back. got 2 goats in one day after waiting for 3 days of absolutely terrible weather, wind, rain, and extremely low ceilings. it was the hardest single day of hunting in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Urban View Post
    Something tells me you won't need it. <grin> Thanks for the info...first trip to Kodiak for me. Soooo looking forward to it.
    It'll be my first trip to the rock as well. I've been wanting to get down there for years now, so I'm all pumped up for this one. I hope you're right and I won't need the rifle, but I don't want to let a tag like this go to waste, so if I can't get within bow range I'll take care of business.

jws, congrats on your goats, glad it all worked out for you!