Thread: where to get xd100 oil for evinrude questions

Default where to get xd100 oil for evinrude questions

Hello all,
    Im trying to find evinrude xd100 on a Sunday here in Anchorage. Is this possible on Sunday? if not where should I go tomorrow? Is there any supplement for this oil, I dont have any info about the motor - its a friends motor and he is in the bush thanks for any ideas - t

Only place I can think of that may carry it is West Marine on Diamond. Give them a call and save the fuel before heading out that way just to make sure.

Default Xd100

I buy my XD100 oil from Alaska Mining and Diving. I'm done boating for the year and have 5 gallons available if you absolutely can't find any and need to head up north. P.M. me if needed......Ken, Eagle River

Thanks Alasken1
    I just sent you a message maybe I can make a purchase from you and get an extra day on a moose trip. I checked West Marine and Sportsmans Wharehouse and Walmart and Ak mining is closed today - seems this oil is a bit exotic or at least an evinrude only oil. Thanks for the quick replys and info.

Unless his outboards computer was re-programmed to use XD-100 exclusively for 100:1 burn, he can use any oil.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Needs that expensive oil to run properly, any other oil makes those engine runs crappy from what I saw on my uncle's 115 last year. But isn't it full synthetic? Or something rather?
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Hope you found some oil.

XD-100 is Evinrude OEM oil so only available at dealerships like AK Mining & Diving. It is fully synthetic.