Thread: Kenda Executioner tires

Default Kenda Executioner tires

I was checkign out some kenda executioner tires for my new AC 500. They look like a great tire and have gotten some excellent reviews. Anyone out there have any real world experience with them? I've also heard some of the more aggressive tires are too agressive for some climbing on hard surfaces.

Just looking for some advice. Whats the best tires out there.

Default I have these on the...

front of my 6 wheeler. They make a world of difference. I have not had any punctures and they really pull through mud when need. I don't think you will go wrong with them.

Great tire, but like you said, the larger the lug the less traction going up hard pack dirt hills, especially when a little snotty, been there done that ....

I solved the problem by studding them up and wow talk about traction!

I looked real hard at these but then went with the Swamp Witch tires since their tread wraps up the sidewall a bit. If you look at the Executioners and the 589 type tires, you will see their tread is only on the "bottom". I'd look for some tires that have some sidewall tread to help climb out of ruts.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

GBC gators and Mud Lites also have some sort of tread wrap. Rob, you gotta post the pics of your 6x6 again! I've got a buddy with a brand new one that doesn't think he needs tires...

Here ya go -

Before -

After -

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks Rob. I'll definitely show him and yes, chances are, he will be jealous!!

I run 27in. Maxxis Mud Bugs, they are great all around but really shine in the mud, obviously. ERPAC gave me a hell of a good deal on them, if you're interested talk to Paul
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

OK I'll bite what is ERPAC?

Eagle River Polaris Arctic Cat
    AKmud

TY Akmud, that is what I thought but I was in there a few weeks ago and all they had was the STI Mud Trax. I'll have to give them a call and ask for a price on the bugs

They are fairly inexpensive and they get great traction in the mud and snow but they ride really rough on hard pack and rocky trails. If you run these on the front and have a cobble type trail you will feel every rock.
    If money is not the main concern I would look for a radial type tire. If mud is your game I have heard a lot of good things about the Mud Bug Radials, if trail riding is more your style the Bighorn tire is the way to go, and for a combo of both the Carlisle XTP will suite you.
    JMHO

Default Executioner

I purchased a set of these last year (Nov) and used them all this riding season and have found them to work very well. I have a 2000 Kodiak and have until now ridden it on stock tires. I pulled a meat trailer fully loaded with all my moose gear through some pretty good mudholes and was never stuck (not a very hard trail but some good mudholes on Coalmine Rd and trail out across Jarvis creek past Delta) . Did have to stop and drop the trailer to pull a buddy out several times. I have been very satisfied so far and my buddy is going to get a set for his machine I think.

I went with stock size.
    AkBama