Thread: Left handed stainless steel w/iron sights

Default Left handed stainless steel w/iron sights

I'm looking for a left handed stainless steel bolt action 30-06 with iron sights. Can someone point me in the right direction.

At the current time I do not think anyone makes a left hand 06 in stainless with iron sights. Browning and Savage both make a stainless leftie and Ruger used to. Not sure what Tikka offers. Remington and Winchester used to offer a stainless as well but if memory serves me correctly none had factory iron sights.
    However, all is not lost. Any good gunsmith can add them.

Tikka doesn't do irons either.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    At the current time I do not think anyone makes a left hand 06 in stainless with iron sights. Browning and Savage both make a stainless leftie and Ruger used to. Not sure what Tikka offers. Remington and Winchester used to offer a stainless as well but if memory serves me correctly none had factory iron sights.
    However, all is not lost. Any good gunsmith can add them.
    Yup. Go with the Savage and have a smith add sights. I haven't bothered with the sights, but I'm here to tell you that my stainless lefty Savage is about the toughest rifle I've ever owned. Nothing fancy about it, but it keeps on working and shooting tiny groups, no matter how badly I treat it. And it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I bought it because it WAS cheap and I wanted a knockaround rifle I didn't have to worry about. It turned out to be a lot better than that.

Savage makes VERY accurate rifles!! All of mine shoot sub MOA. I no longer own the high buck rifles i once did as my Savages shoot better! there is no more accurate out of the box rifle out here.

The savage is a great shooter for the price for sure, but I don't find it completely satisfying either, the plastic stock is atrocious, I put another stock on it and bedded the receiver, put an adjustable buttplate on it, it's a fine shooter, but I don't care for the feel of the bolt, the magazine had to be improved as it came apart, also if you don't load the magazine just so it can cause a jam. It is a great value for the price though, with a fine trigger and barrel. And it is left handed