Thread: Archer's den come through again

Default Archer's den come through again

PAUL GOT WORK DONE ON MY BOWTECH GENERAL AND BACK TO ME READY FOR MY UP COMING HUNT. NOW IF VOLVO PENTA DEALER IN SEWARD WILL GET WORK DONE ON MY OUTDRIVE BY THE NINTH SO I CAN HEAD OUT THE 10TH TO BEAR AND DEER HUNT FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE GOAT SEASON OPENS THE 15TH. I WILL BE HAPPY BOWHUNTER.
    BOW IS SHOOTING WELL AND I LIKE THE NEW 18:1 TARGET
    THANX PAUL
    GOING TO SHOOT SOME MORE ARROWS - PAT
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Paul is a great guy with a excellent shop......even if most of his bows have training wheels.

Seriuosly he has been very fair, friendly and helpful despite my harassment every time I've been in his place. The Den seems to be one of Gunther's favorite places to visit as well.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I live in Kodiak, and last week I called up to the archers den needing some advise with my bow. I am leaving for an elk hunt in a few days and don't have time to send my bow somewhere. I was very pleased with the advise and now I have my bow shooting great. I have to say thanks to the archers den.

Thumbs up

Yeah, he pulls one out of the hat every once in a while...

Just kidding. I'm stoked for Paul that everything is going so well. His commitment to the satisfaction of each customer will go a loooonnng way.

Taylor

Default Never have wanted to kiss a man that's not my husband but...

My husband and I decided it was time for me to get my first compound bow (been talking about it for a while, and thanks to Sarah Palin, we had some money to spend). We went to a well known chain sporting store (thinking we may be able to find a sale, etc...). I was looking at the sale rack when the salesman came over and herded me over to the counter where he pulled out a bow and said "this one's for the ladies". When I asked him what, exactly, makes this one for the ladies, he gave me the line of it's low weight blah blah, I wouldn't hurt my poor fragile little lady hands, blah blah So, I thought, okay, I'll swallow my pride and try shooting it. The draw length was too long, and the salesman agreed, but did not fix it for me so I could try it out. I really didn't like the way the bow felt in my hands, and I didn't like his condescending tone even more. So we left, I was angry to put it nicely, and I told my husband the hunting sales could kiss my posterior (again, to put it nicely). I think it probably compounded my anger since just a couple of months ago we had tried to get a Springfield 1911 through this same store. When I approached the salesman, he said he had one for me and gave me a Smith & Wesson. He told me they were the same exact gun, there was absolutely nothing different between the two.

ANYWAY, my husband and a friend of mine convinced me to go to the Archers Den. Paul was nothing but nice to us. He took the time not only to make sure the draw length was okay, but to give me the basics of bows and how to shoot correctly. His wife gave me a few pointers too--very nice, knowledgeable lady! Never once did I get the condescending tone I'm so used to from the other stores. There was a bow I really liked, but the weight was too heavy for me. So, he told me to come in and work up to it with some of the other bows...so I did....and I bought it yesterday. He set it up for me perfectly Just canít say enough about this place. Itís a laid back environment where you feel at home, my husband and I are having a great time there! You can definitely tell he loves what he does. The only complaint I have is now my husband wants a new one

Default So what did you get?

Frozen,
    What did you end up getting? And, what is your husband looking at. I have a Bowtech Guardian. Is was a bit spendy, but I did a not of reading for 6 months to figure out, that was what I was going to get when I got monied up.
    I have no regrets. The sex life has suffered as my bow sleeps on her side of the bed, and she went to the couch. Really though, she took the couch, well before the Guardian came along.

He may become a convert from Hoyt to Bowtech. I got the Bowtech Equalizer and he was looking at the commander. He shot it a couple of times and LOVED it, we're saving up $$$! He was talking about the Admiral in the '09 model, but I guess it's not as fast? Not sure, still learning about how everything works. I'm loving mine though. Still trying to get up to 50lbs and train my body to do the same thing everytime--I've found my feet aren't very compliant with my brain

Good luck with that bow in the bed thing....I'm sure they have a website for that too....

My bad, it was the General he was looking at, not the commander, sorry!