Thread: any decent fishing left in Haines?

Default any decent fishing left in Haines?

I'm thinking about passing through Haines soon and was wondering what the timing is good for now. This would be for eating. I've looked up fishing reports but only found vague seasonal data regarding numbers caught/counted since june/july, nothing about how it is right now. I gathered silver, red and king numbers are down, pinks are up over previous years. thanks

I haven't been out with a pole for almost a week now, but then the Pinks were running good in the Chilkoot River. Just dodge the bears...

The Sockeye were running into our sub nets in the Chilkat along with a few Dogs last Sat. Silvers were starting to run too, not sure on the numbers.
    I gathered silver, red and king numbers are down, pinks are up over previous years.
    Yup, this is good info.

Dave

thanks!

Default Silvers starting to come in

I am out of town right now so I havent been down to the rivers myself, but I am hearing that the silvers area starting to come into the Chilkoot and Chillkat rivers, just not with great numbers.

Definately avoid the bears, one day a tourist will be eaten below Chilkoot Lake, but fishing in either river at the edges of deeper pools will be your most productive bet.

Good luck to you, and catch some fish.