Thread: Float trip gone bad (ATV accident)

Default Float trip gone bad (ATV accident)

A freind from MT and I had planned a float trip for Moose this year and were scheduled to fly with 40-mile-air on the 6th.

He flew up to Anchorage on the 1st and later went out to his uncle's cabin for the weekend. They were riding ATVs when my friend rolled his causeing severe damage. He broke nearly every rib in his body, punctured a lung, and compound fractured his right leg.

He had to be life flighted into Anchorage and still cannot even sit up in bed.

It's a real bummer the hunt had to be cancelled but at least I still have my hunting partner for next year. (if he heals that quickly)

Jonesy,

I hope your friend is quick to mend, he will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Ted

I really hope your friend recovers fast. I rolled badly three weeks ago but walked away w/o a scratch. Almost killed the bike though...Feel really lucky

Sorry to hear about your bud, I hope he recovers quickly.
    I have been walking on eggshells the last couple of weeks in anticipation of my hunt.

Default Sorry

Sorry to hear your friend got so beat up, luckily he can heal. Hunts come and go every year, prayers go out to your friend.

Terry

Sorry to hear about the ruined trip! Hopefully your friend will make a full recovery and you can go next year. It's amazing how fast things can go bad on a wheeler. Good to hear he will be OK.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....