Thread: POW blacktail advice...

Default POW blacktail advice...

I'm going down to POW on the 4th for a job and was planning on getting some blacktail hunting (maybe bear but I doubt it) in while I was down there. We will be working near Sweetwater lake about 5 miles from Coffman Cove checking out the stream quality and trying to address the pH problems they've been having with road fill material. If anyone could give me some advice on where to hike or checkout I would appreciate it. I'm not afraid to get pretty far in (within reason) and will have to park and hike. Hell, if anyone is down there and looking for a partner let me know. I'll probably have full days to hunt after the 13th, otherwise it will be in the evenings.

Thanks.

dude I wish you the best of luck.I so wanna try some Blacktail as friends keep telling me how great they are.And Im already in the process of a Blacktail hunt for 2009.

Altho Im not planning on where your going Id like to hear how it went for you.Good Luck to you.Daniel

Default POW Blackies (deer and bear)

Wow! can I come too?
    You should have good luck with both. I would say hunt high, find clearings in the cutovers and berries and you should be able to find both Blacktail and Black Bears. Sept 4th, you should still have fish to hunt off of. When I was down several years ago, the fall hunting was great. If you are there until Nov, you should see the RUT and that is when it really heats up.

Default Coffman Cove

I have a place there in Coffman and was just down there for a bit deer hunting. Deer hunting and bears will be great if you leave today (September 4th). In October if that's what you mean it is really wet but stil OK deer hunting. Find old roads and clear cuts and walk after work.

Here's our place, if you're there in October we'll probably see each other. Good photo of Sweetwater on my site. Best of luck!

www.coffmancoveak.com

Thanks for the advice so far. I'll actually be going down tomorrow as I got the dates mixed up in my head. Gooch I sent you a PM.

Thanks again.