Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long shot...

Default long shot...

Ladies and Gents, I know this is a really really long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try since there are a lot of good people out there on this forum. While on an early season DCUA sheep hunt with my buddy, I found the skull and horns (full curl by the way) of a sheep that apparently had died of old age or was winter killed. Anyway, I found the horns early in the hunt and didn't want to pack them the whole time, so I GPS'ed them to come back for them. Well, we came out a different way so I didn't get to them right away. I took the ATV out last weekend to get them, and it appears someone else found them too, as they were not where I left them. Anyway, if you happened to find them, and are feeling extra generous I would like them back. I can tell you exactly where they were if that helps. If not, no problem, as I plan to shoot a full curl ram in the next year or two...

Thanks.

Are you "Fracken" kidding me?

By the way, I lost a 65lbs King on the Kenai this June, Could the person that caught my fish please return it.

Troy

Default you gotta be kidding

you found them, left them, some one else found then and had the intestinal fortitude to haul them out and YOU want them" back'?
    Good luck with that one.

Now that's fricken hilarious, get serious dude. New one on here, lol.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default I think this mentality should apply across the board...

I have been on two goat hunts this fall where we saw no goats. Can I get my goats back, or something?

Ah, just joining in on the joshing. You did preface with the fact that the request is a long shot. Be really surprised if someone actually took you up on it, though...

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Why I always carry survey ribbon and a pen in my pack.

I thought someone must have hid that skull there,just did'nt look natural.Post your address and I'll jump in the truck in the morning and bring it to you. Bye the way,you did'nt happen to find a gold nugget bout the size of a football? I had one hidden right you hid the sheep skull.I went back to get it,but it was gone. Thats when I saw the skull.We can just trade straight up.

Default Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Run View Post
    I thought someone must have hid that skull there,just did'nt look natural.Post your address and I'll jump in the truck in the morning and bring it to you. Bye the way,you did'nt happen to find a gold nugget bout the size of a football? I had one hidden right you hid the sheep skull.I went back to get it,but it was gone. Thats when I saw the skull.We can just trade straight up.

Thats just tooo funny.....................

Default skull

hoosier...please tell us this is a joke..that you are really not serious about that request..Even I thought I had heard them all...by the way. How does this sound for GPS Coordinates 61.09.35.14 149.53.18.58. You might find them here. I think my buddy picked them up here. now you tell me if you saw them here.

Enjoy

Default You hid it?

Dude, you don't hide things very well.

You want a "left behind" skull "returned" (Dude it aint yours till you pack it out!) Another guy in the general section posted about a lost rifle........ya know I've been really stoned more than once, but you guys are smoking a whole new class of bud!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    You want a "left behind" skull "returned" (Dude it aint yours till you pack it out!) Another guy in the general section posted about a lost rifle........ya know I've been really stoned more than once, but you guys are smoking a whole new class of bud!
    Rick comparing a skull left in the hills where it was found to a rifle dropped is comparing things on two different planes of existance!!!!!!! Honestly with that thinking why don't you drag my tuck home while I am out hunting? I mean it is just sitting there on the side of the trail... How about my wheeler sitting along a trail where I left it to go sit in my stand?? If I found a rifle I would report it to the troopers and gladly return it to it's owner, now If I found a set of horns I would report it to ADF&G then sell it for the most $$$ I could get!!

Reminds me of AKPM "finding" a decoy spread....

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Are you "Fracken" kidding me?

By the way, I lost a 65lbs King on the Kenai this June, Could the person that caught my fish please return it.

Troy
    lol,If only we could get that one that got away!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Rick comparing a skull left in the hills where it was found to a rifle dropped is comparing things on two different planes of existance!!!!!!! Honestly with that thinking why don't you drag my tuck home while I am out hunting? I mean it is just sitting there on the side of the trail... How about my wheeler sitting along a trail where I left it to go sit in my stand?? If I found a rifle I would report it to the troopers and gladly return it to it's owner, now If I found a set of horns I would report it to ADF&G then sell it for the most $$$ I could get!!

Reminds me of AKPM "finding" a decoy spread....

I have no Idea what your on about! What the hell dose your truck have to do with being so dumb, stoned or foolish as to loose a rifle or think someone would just turn over a skull you "left behind"? Also really resent the implication that I am some how less than honest!!!!

You don't know me from Addam! Of course you return a rifle, just where did I say you don't? I just think you'd have to be dumb as a post or stoned to loose one! Next time you go after someones charictor you'd better be **** sure who your TALKING TO!!!

Spell checker is down again, sorry for the misspelling but I'm mad as hell!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Yeah guys, I wasn't really serious about this post. Of course no one would give it "back" unless, in the words of Rick P, they are smoking a whole new class of bud. I just thought it would be entertaining to see what responses I got. You know, sometimes it's just fun to stir the pot a little.

By the way, I didn't mean for anyone to get offended or anything.

Good luck to everyone out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    I have no Idea what your on about! What the hell dose your truck have to do with being so dumb, stoned or foolish as to loose a rifle or think someone would just turn over a skull you "left behind"? Also really resent the implication that I am some how less than honest!!!!

You don't know me from Addam! Of course you return a rifle, just where did I say you don't? I just think you'd have to be dumb as a post or stoned to loose one! Next time you go after someones charictor you'd better be **** sure who your TALKING TO!!!

Spell checker is down again, sorry for the misspelling but I'm mad as hell!
    Don't worry you won't hear from me regarding spelling.... Perhaps I misinterpreted your post but it sounded as though you felt it acceptable to keep a "found" rifle. It is pretty hard to argue with the "dumb as a post" statement in-re to losing a rifle! I will say that if I lost one I would post up here and hope for the best! Perhaps if it ever happens I will title the thread "DUMB AS A POST". I apologize for bristling at your post and MORE SO comparing you to AKPM's epic "decoy thread" which may just be unforgivable...

"...it appears someone else found them too, as they were not where I left them. Anyway, if you happened to find them, and are feeling extra generous I would like them back. I can tell you exactly where they were if that helps..."

C'mon man, don't try to say you weren't serious-you were serious as a heart attack that was as dumb as a doornob, yet understandable He he he......

Well, I was serious in the fact that I would very much like a set of horns on my wall. The part I wasn't serious about was actually expecting anyone to give them up. So as far as this post goes, yeah, I really did just want to see what responses I would get.

But not to worry, I plan to put in the miles, the dollars, the range time, and the sweat to get a set of horns for the wall (and of course some really tasty meat for the table).

Default Hey hoosier

I believe we met you on the river while you were trying to cross. We had the 6 wheeler and 4 wheeler. Sucked that you had to go back up there and not find the horns. There was another wheeler parked against the left side of the river slightly below where we met you at.

Hey Northway, that 6 wheeler looked handy for crossing the river. We made it back without any problems. Thanks for scouting out a crossing spot for us.

We talked to a few other guys out there, but not the ones that actually picked the horns up. The story these guys heard with the horns is that a fox was gnawing on the skull, and the guys who picked up the horns saw the fox and went over to investigate, and so they found the horns. Dang fox gave away my hiding spot. Oh well, like I said, it just gives me more reason to get back out and shoot a sheep.

By the way, did you have any luck up there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast