Thread: Love my RANGER!

Smile Love my RANGER!

I have to brag a little about my new Polaris Ranger that I got this summer. Took it out moose hunting this past week. 40 plus miles round trip, half of which had no trails. On the return trip we had ~1300lbs in the Ranger (moose, two guys, and all of our gear). The ranger performed flawlessly, crossed some rivers that I would not have considered on the old four wheeler, and only needed the winch once on a steep muddy section. Used only about 3/4 tank of gas as apposed to the tank and 1/2 in the old four wheeler. Overall an awesom machine with unsurpassed capabillities.

Glad you like it, they look like nice machines. I went with the Rhino 700; I love it but I gotta tell ya, this thing uses a lot of gas!

Lets see some pics!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Lets see some pics!
    ugghh, ok....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Attached Images Attached Images
    pull my finger....

Nice lookin rig tjm, if you want to build a rack for the bed let me know. I've welded up 5 or so now for 6x6's. It would be fun to customize something for that Ranger .
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Nice lookin rig tjm, if you want to build a rack for the bed let me know. I've welded up 5 or so now for 6x6's. It would be fun to customize something for that Ranger .
    thanks for the offer...what'd ya have in mind?...hunting stand? seats? boat rack?.....some special gizmo to prevent it from getting stuck? (I'll take 2 of those..lol)....I'd love to hear what you've done before....and if you're needing a guniea pig to test out an idea with free labor, i'm your huckleberry...
    pull my finger....

Kort what color is your rig? Orange? I think we may have met out by Frd Meyers not too long ago.

I've got a white '08 XP. I love it. Did about 100miles out in Eureka this weekend.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    thanks for the offer...what'd ya have in mind?...hunting stand? seats? boat rack?.....some special gizmo to prevent it from getting stuck? (I'll take 2 of those..lol)....I'd love to hear what you've done before....and if you're needing a guniea pig to test out an idea with free labor, i'm your huckleberry...

Here's a couple of examples of my work - (all original concepts BTW ). The "treestand" concept is now being manufactured by someone and sold through Marita Sea and Ski for $600 or so....I guess I should have patented it!! Let me know if you have some ideas you want to try out. I love project welding and the fabrication is most of the fun!

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

And my most recent concept.....the "fold down platform"!!

AKmud

pretty freaking neat stuff there AKmud...I bet you could make a 20 foot stand that would be stable on the back of the Ranger...lol...heck, we could close it in, install a heater,table,mini bar, etc...lol...but seriously,
    you've definitely got my gears turning now...I'll have to think of the possibilities ....I do have a cataraft frame that breaks down but I still am left with 2 10'x18" sections...I like to haul it in the spring for a little pike fishing, so perhaps some sort of cargo rack/stand should be in order......what's the price of that steel you're using?...
    pull my finger....

The rack with the fold down platform ran about $150 for metal (but I didn't shop around), also a few bucks for welding wire and a new metal cutoff blade. Well under $200 total.

The sky is the limit, lets come up with something we can market and get RICH!!
    AKmud

AKmud,
    Killer set-up! How did you attach it to the bed?

Thought I'd share a few of my eureka ranger pics since we are on the topic of them....If you have any pic sof the moose loaded up int he ranger I'd love to see it. Also drop a pic by ERPAC to throw under the counter.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by akursus View Post
    AKmud,
    Killer set-up! How did you attach it to the bed?
    The racks have a base of 1 1/4" angle form fitted which is then simply bolted through the bed. I placed the bolts so they go through the stake pockets so the bolt ends are not protruding into the bed.

I rolled my 6x6 over last year on a sidehill and the rack actually kept the machine from coming all the way over on top of me. It stopped the wheeler on it's side so I guess the mounting system is pretty tough!
    AKmud