Thread: Trout Fishin On The Kenai

Default Trout Fishin On The Kenai

Okay All Of You Trout Bums, Where Is The Best Place To Go To Wade For Some Trout And Dollies On The Kenai...i Am Going To Take The Wife Fishin This Weekend.... Thanks
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default a couple of places

Some of the easiest places to fish is Quartz Creek. There are several pullouts along the highway with access to the creek. You can work alot of water there. Rainbow fishing is ok but the Dolly fishing can be excellent.

If you want the kenai once you pass the sportsmans landing (aka ferry crossing) there are a couple of pull outs along the left side of the highway. One can get you into a hole called windy corner. The next one it as Mile marker 57. You can walk in there. Usually you can wade accross the back channel of 57 but the water was still a bit to high for that last week. It could be down enough this week. If you can wade accross it it opens up a huge island that you can fish all over it both sides. Hope this gets you started
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    If you want the kenai once you pass the sportsmans landing (aka ferry crossing) there are a couple of pull outs along the left side of the highway. One can get you into a hole called windy corner. The next one it as Mile marker 57. You can walk in there. Usually you can wade accross the back channel of 57 but the water was still a bit to high for that last week. It could be down enough this week. If you can wade accross it it opens up a huge island that you can fish all over it both sides. Hope this gets you started
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/uv...cd=00065,00060

Nope water is up 18" since Sept 1

Windy corner is ok, but look out for the 10 foot brownie wandering around!!!!! I was face to face at 10 yards with her this afternoon!!!
    Thank god she is a mellow old girl. Some of my guide friends estimate she is 1000 pounds!! At 10 yards her head was the size of the lid of a 45 gallon barrel. Unfortunately I was too busy preparing for the afterlife to get a good photo. Here she is at 20 yards retreating into the bush. She is a lot less intimidating when she is pointed in this direction!!!!