Thread: What the biggest type of boat the SAG will support?

Default What the biggest type of boat the SAG will support?

Was bou hunting up north when a truck hauling a boat went by our camp just past PS3. To the guy hauling the boat, if you are member here not making fun of you. But we all said "What the hell" "Where does he think he is going". It was a dodge towing atleast a 22' fiberglass deep V boat with a huge outboard with a PROP. The boats we seen and have read about were air boats and jet boats and one floater. The boat was so dirty from the drive up there, not to mention the fiberglass damage from the all rocks possibly. Won't say the boat name just yet. But I would think the sag was not that deep, nor a lake that big past PS3. He did stop in our pull off, my dad said, "Do you think he is lost!"

Just wondering what you all think. Is it doable with that big and heavy of a boat with a deep V? Am I missing something here?

He may have been doing some contract work on the North slope. There were a ton of boats(big and small) hauled up there this spring for off-shore projects. Might have also been from one of the Villages on the North shore. On the flip side I did see a Motorhome pull a fiberglass bass boat up and back early this summer so some people just don't know any better.

Agree with crumm as it was probably someone heading for use in ocean.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Could be using it to camp out in also??? Im sure there's plenty of room for game in it and from the sounds of it (deep V and all) most likely hard for predators to get in. Just thinking of other reasons it may be there not that i would use it for that.