Thread: Kodiak silvers and charters

Default Kodiak silvers and charters

Is it advisable to hire a guide to fish silvers in Kodiak or can an average joe do well with some advice from a local bait shop? Also looking to charter for a day of Halibut and other deep salt water fish, any thoughts. I would also like to do a second day of halibut only; but don't want to pay a full day rate. In other words catch Halibut and return or is the ride to Halibut grounds too long. Thanks for any help. There are three of us.

I don't think you need a guide to fish the road system. However, you do need to know about the rivers. I would suggest you pick up the book "Kodiak Fishing at Any Angle". It will be difficult to locate a open halibut charter for just one or two people.
    Quote Originally Posted by empty View Post
    Is it advisable to hire a guide to fish silvers in Kodiak or can an average joe do well with some advice from a local bait shop? Also looking to charter for a day of Halibut and other deep salt water fish, any thoughts. I would also like to do a second day of halibut only; but don't want to pay a full day rate. In other words catch Halibut and return or is the ride to Halibut grounds too long. Thanks for any help. There are three of us.

Default Negotiate...

Try going to www.kodiak.org.
    Surf into the fish charter section and let them know what you seek.

Talk to them...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"