Thread: Ok Need Some Help Please

Smile Ok Need Some Help Please

Well Looks like I am getting off the slope on time this friday, So here is my question,

Where to go fishing!! I want to take the family ( wife and 2 kids) fishing. I have a 18' Alumaweld and a Scanoe so My options are open. I want to get into some fish so the kids dont get bored. Last trip of the year so I want to keep them enjoying fishing.

I am located in Anchorage and will drive up 6 hours if needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default WOW So Here you Go

Well this time of year is FUN :-) The Lakes are starting to turn brining Lake Trout into shallow water, Reds and Chums are kicking in the bucket in great numbers which means Bows, Dollies and Grayling are easy to find and the bugs are not as bad. The Door is wide open.

Family Fun! Quartz Creek on the Kenai is always a hoot this time of year. The Kenai from Skilak outlet down to Bings is a hoot!!!! Tangle Lakes in between the Moose and Caribou hunters can be exciting for Lakers and Grayling. Clear Creek just off the parks is hot! Maybe the Lower Gulkana from Sailors Pit down for Reds now that the water has dropped and the fish are actaully running. Fielding Lake on the Richardson is always fun for a Camping / Lake Trout / Grayling weekend. And don't forget about the Silver fishing in Valdez this time of year the crowds are gone but the fishing is exceptional.

Take Me! Take Me!

Just some options! Enjoy your family time PFD, PFD, PFD!

Default Valdez

I think I will be going to Valdez,

The wife and kids have never been to Valdez. I think I will try shrimping for the first time that weekend. I hope the weather holds out for them.
    Do the silvers run deep there like in seward?
    Would love to get the kids mooching for them! Trolling might be easier though. Any advice on which can be better in Valdez. I Have only run there 1 time in my 18' boat. We had a blast. It wa flat flat calm. Well thanks for the advice BLUE MOOSE.

VAKDEZ HERE WE COME> I will add some picts if the weather holds out and we go. If not camping on fielding lake may be my next choice!

Default The

The commercial fishermen cleaned up the port today. There will be some fish remaining but not a lot. Try around Gold Creek, it is off limits to the commercial guys.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Will th e comercial guys ruin it

Will they ruin the fishing for the next week or so?? Im out of here friday and plan on heading down on the next friday I think the 12th, Will they continue to clean the harbor of silvers???

Thanks Daveinthebush!!!