Thread: C&S Closed

Default C&S Closed

Just to let everyone know that C&S is closed until further notice due to the crappy weather that we had this summer and my das wasn't able to cut the grain yet due to the lack of maturity. The weather has been nice and sunny with blue bird skies and what birds there are don't seem to be sticking around long for there really isn't any food for them as most farmers around here are in the same boat. So far it's starting off pretty crappy, i drove the farm today and didn't see much of anything except buffalo.

mike

Sorry to hear that Mike.I was looking forward to getting a hunt in down there and meeting you.I did see quite a few Geese yesterday,but in an area I couldnt hunt dang it.

Hey Mike, let us know when things change. I hunted with C&S three times last year, and was hoping to get down there later this week if things work out.

I'll keep ya posted as to when my dad gets going on the harvest and if ed opens back up. it sucks now i'm down with the flu so no huntin for me.

Mike Ill come down there and pcik you up,dress in bunny boots and carharts,as we'll go shoot some birds,best way to sweat that cold out of you right?

thats what i hear anyways, so if it's going to help me get over this **** thing i'm for it. still haven't seen or heard much birds even though i've been in the house the last couple of days.

Dude that sucks.I hope you get over that cr@p soon.Like I said I saw some Cranes the other day.and boy I almost had them in my sites.

Hey what about the River? Someone told me to launch my boat on the Tanana and hit the Islands as the Geese hit em also.You ever try this?

Any updates??? Have they gotten the grain out????
    We sure would still like to get down there.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Good News

Well my dad has started harvest a few days ago now. Still no word on ED yet, but as of now he is closed. Yesterday cranes were moving pretty good in the afternoon. As far as the river, yeah i've heard the same but i always tended to leave that portion alone as that was where they roosted and the hit them in the fields when they feed, but thats just my thinking. But now days that might be the one best option to count on. I do know ED used to have a few blinds on the river he would put guys on but that hasn't happened in a few years now. Slowly getting over the crap.

Default MIKE there open

I got the call tonight.He's going to be open starting the 13th everyday till Oct 1st or a few days after.Daniel

Is this a place to hunt for a fee? any more info would be great.

Default C & S Open

Hello,

Went out this past Saturday, excellent hunt 75$ per person..well worth it.

Going again next weekend.

Default How many birds

I've been busy with work and haven't been out myself. Pretty sad considering your dad owns the place. How many birds were flying mostly cranes or geese or a mix bag?