Thread: diamond justice

Default diamond justice

i have diamond justice that is only shooting at 234 fps. At 26" draw length and 65# draw weight, with a 357.3gr arrow. Now i noticed my wheel is leaning off center.(getting looked at) The bow has never been dry fired and is ibo'd to shoot at like 311fps. How can this be? i shot it with a WB!!!! i got rid of that peice of junk and now have a whammy spot hogg on it. Now my last question is will this be enough to kill a bou at say 40 yards.

Tex,
    As you are doing, get the cam lean problem fixed.

The difference in speed between a fall away rest and a WB is 1-2 fps, so that is not your problem.

I have a Bowtech Guardian, 70lb and 29" draw. The Bowtech tag said it was something over 300fps, probably close to 325fps. That is based on 70lb, 30" draw, and 350 grain arrow. I recently chrono'd my bow. With 400 grain arrows, 290 fps, and with 425 grain arrows it was 8-10 fps less. If I was shooting 350 grain arrows, I will likely get 310 fps. In a nutshell, it seems 235 fps is probably realistic.

Here is a link for you to read up on IBO speeds. Bottom line is that, don't put too much stock in the IBO speed. http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowsele...tm#7-ibospeeds

I would focus my attention on making sure your arrows are flying as good as they can. This includes making sure your arrows are properly spined for your draw weight and length. Also, making sure the correct weight tips are used as that will affect your FOC distance, which in turn may affect your flight.

With regard to taking a bou at 40 yards with your current set-up, I do not have enough experience to tell you one way or another. However, I suspect it is adequate.

Default IBO for killing

people kill caribou at 40 yards with traditional equipment, people have done it with OLD compound bows that shot no where near the speed that the bows of today are shooting. i would say you should be fine!

Speed never killed anything, Its where you hit them that counts!

Default two birds one stone

That is the good old saying but i still am having it looked at for the wheel lean.