Thread: rock hopper

Default rock hopper

I was thinking of a boat for shallow water rivers.The boat needs to be able to run shallow and get pounded against the rocks.I was thinking the North River Commander.Can the NR take the abuse?Could you add a teflon bottom to her or should a guy buy a different brand.

i would look at riddle marine in idaho or outlaw marine in red deer , alberta
    they make awesome shallow water boats designed to take a beating. mine was made by associate of outlaw. pictures in my albums here. mine is shorter than most folks want (13 feet) but it is very manuverable. my boat weighs 1400 lbs. don't think you would be disappointed with either.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

If you want to pound it on the rocks you need to look at Riddle Marine, Jetcraft Extreme Duty or the Firefish line. If you want to dodge the rocks there are many other shallow water boats out there but not too many others that are armored for rock abuse. When it comes to shallow water rock hopping a 3000lb NR Commander with a 12 bottom does not come to mind.