Thread: Dall sheep 08. My 6th ram

Behind the computer or at the range in Alaska

Default Dall sheep 08. My 6th ram

This post was deleted

The pack out.

Bear proofing base camp!

Relaxing by a fire at our strip side base camp after sheep backstrap and crown royal! This is the life!

Looking for a moose for my cousin to harvest. Note the STEEP ground.

As many of you know, I have been very busy lately in competetive archery and havent spent much time testing rifles or writing about them. To take even more of my time, my wife and I are expecting our first child in January 09! We find out Thursday what gender it will be. Last year I harvested a small but nice looking ram due to the fact that my hunting area was to be a draw only area this year. I wanted to play in my sand box one last time before it went to a draw unit. Well, I applied for my hunting area and drew it! So I went to a different drainage to look for a bigger ram than I have harvested or at least bigger than what I had been seeing in the drainages I had been hunting the last few years. While I was successfull in seeing a true giant (B&C caliber ram) I wasent able to get him. I did see a couple of double broomed rams and decided to try and harvest one of those. I have always wanted a double broomed ram. On 8-19-08, I finally was able to connect on a 9 year old double broomed ram with 13.5" bases at 400 yards. A full story will follow soon. For now here are some pictues to tide you all over.

Michael Eichele

The drop off point

One of the glaciers close to the harvest site.

The glacier closest to the harvest site.

My ram.

More pix in the next post

Default beautiful picts

not only do i look at the beautiful country but i also learn and look at gear, clothing, rifle cammo, and can see your layered light clothing. can you tell me what is the white square patch on the left side of buttstock in the 4th pict? i hunted sheep 16yrs ago and have a nice full curl but it was a long hard 14 mile round trip, the effort invollved was well worth it and that first taste of meat over the fire was unbelievable. congrats again to you and your bro

Quote Originally Posted by 338MUZZLEBREAK View Post
    not only do i look at the beautiful country but i also learn and look at gear, clothing, rifle cammo, and can see your layered light clothing. can you tell me what is the white square patch on the left side of buttstock in the 4th pict? i hunted sheep 16yrs ago and have a nice full curl but it was a long hard 14 mile round trip, the effort invollved was well worth it and that first taste of meat over the fire was unbelievable. congrats again to you and your bro
    The white square on the rifle stock is a "range card" It gives me important information for when a longer than normal shot is needed. For instance this year my ram was 400 yards. I looked to the card as referance and it reminded me to use 0.85 mils. So I used my first mil dot and aimed a tad low. The bullet went straight through both lungs as a result. It is not a hand typed card it is all calculated numbers from firing tests.

Thanks!