Thread: Snowmachine junkyard?

Default Snowmachine junkyard?

I am the proud owner of a snowmachine- some assembly required.

It is a Polaris Indy 500, not sure of the year. Buddy got it at a storage unit auction last year and has never gotten around to working on it. Bought it off him for a tank of gas.

Now I need to figure out how to get it running. Looks like it was put in storage with no thought of being there long term. Gas in the tank, oil still there, lines are probably gummed up and will need some work. Engine is not seized up, so that is one good sign. Track looks good, seat needs some love.

Anyway, is there a junkyard for snowmachines in the area? I will probably need some parts before this is over and a junkyard will be just the ticket.

Alaska Snowmobile Salvage off of Old Seward near 76th

1107 E 70th
    349-8594

Thanks for the info.

I have less than 2 hours experience on snowmachines, so this winter should be a fun one.....if I can get this thing running.

Default Power Sports Stuff mile 50 Parks Hiway

My buddy Thom out there will take good care of you with advice and parts, too. Alaska Snowmobile Salvage doesn't open until October (can't figure that out) and Thom is open all year, every day. 892-8722
    Good Luck

Default power sports!

I have heard good things with these folks. I am willing to bet, there are plenty of parts around for that sled, as it was a VERY popular sled, and has a good reputation as far as longevity. If you go front to back on that thing, restoring things to thier original or better condition, you will have a fun reliable sled!! Have fun with it!!!

Found out that it is a 1998 model.

Gave the engine a pull after we got it unloaded and it sounds like it would start with a tune up and a battery. Hope I am lucky and all it will need is a clean up to get running.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....