Thread: New Alaska gun

Wink New Alaska gun

Just shipped out my new moose rifle and I am shipping out on the 9th. I installed a Shilen SS #4 cut to 22" and installed on a SS M700 w/syn. stock - wt. 8.5# w/scope - rifle was a 7mm weatherby mag. and is now .375 Ruger. She is shooting 300gr Hornady IB rn at 2619 fps. when sighting in the #11-12-13 shots were a single lg hole measuring .561". The barrel is super smooth and cleans up nice. Now to find a worthy moose!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by damgoodshot View Post
    Just shipped out my new moose rifle and I am shipping out on the 9th. I installed a Shilen SS #4 cut to 22" and installed on a SS M700 w/syn. stock - wt. 8.5# w/scope - rifle was a 7mm weatherby mag. and is now .375 Ruger. She is shooting 300gr Hornady IB rn at 2619 fps. when sighting in the #11-12-13 shots were a single lg hole measuring .561". The barrel is super smooth and cleans up nice. Now to find a worthy moose!!!!
    Sounds like a keeper to me, I've never had a bad barrel from Shilen, they all shoot better than most folks can hold.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson